Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4 has a problem with GoDaddy hosting (need help)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] vBulletin 4 has a problem with GoDaddy hosting (need help)

Hi everybody,
    vBulletin 4 has a conflict problem with GoDaddy hosting, they use an automatic configuration to handle gzip.

I tried everything, with their help, disable and enable gzip into vbulletin admin panel, and into phpmyadmin forcing tables.. but nothing works fine.

So they suggest me to make a cron job with this query:

Code:
    truncate tableprefix_session
    this query works good, but i don't know if is possible to make a cron job into admin panel, isn't it? if it is, how?

Have you tried submitting a support ticket to Vbulletin?

Comment

buying the new vb4 i had 1 month license for support tickets, i think it is expired.. right?

Comment

Yopu don''t need a cron job for that. Simply truncate the session table manually once a day or something.

Comment

Originally posted by borbole View Post
          Yopu don''t need a cron job for that. Simply truncate the session table manually once a day or something.
          i'm just doing that, but i really need to automate that, i can't launch queries every day!

Comment

(From memory) There's a few posts over at www.vbulletin.org that deal with creating a Cron job. You may wish to search over there.
            Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
            -
            *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
            - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
            - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              (From memory) There's a few posts over at www.vbulletin.org that deal with creating a Cron job. You may wish to search over there.
              Why would you send the OP to another site?
              their not asking about modification help, they are asking how to setup a cron job with the stock vB AFAIK
              Support for this should be given here IMHO
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

in my opinion to.. it's a vb gzip bug if you can't handle a server configuration..

Comment

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                  Why would you send the OP to another site?
                  their not asking about modification help, they are asking how to setup a cron job with the stock vB AFAIK
                  Support for this should be given here IMHO
                  Creating a custom Cron job is custom coding = vb.org

Originally posted by ukmatt View Post
                  in my opinion to.. it's a vb gzip bug if you can't handle a server configuration..
                  Have you raised a Bug for the developers to look into? If you believe it to be a vB issue then the only way it will be addressed is via that route.
                  Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
                  -
                  *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
                  - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
                  - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

Originally posted by ukmatt View Post
                    buying the new vb4 i had 1 month license for support tickets, i think it is expired.. right?
                    Active license = Support through ticket for as long as your license is active. Unless I missed something somewhere.

PS. Search godaddy on vbulletin.com , There are a lot of people who have had their sites hacked and many people have problems with GoDaddy. May want to find another if you can.

I got 96 hits just searching subject line.
                    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/searc...archid=3408299

DID all search and obly got 96 hits?

Does Vbulletin have a page or hit limit for searches. No searches yield over 4 pages or 98 hits.?

Comment

The session table should already be managed by scheduled tasks within vBulletin. Make sure that the variable cronimage is in your footer template. Should look like:

{vb:raw cronimage}
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X