Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Register.php = Intenal Server Error (HTTP500)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Register.php = Intenal Server Error (HTTP500)

Hi guys.

I purchased a new vBulletin license the other day and have upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.0.3PL1.

Everything seems to be working fine - except for register.

You fill out the form, click submit and the page loads for ~30 seconds.

Then it goes to a Internal Server Error page (HTTP500 code).

Im using recaptcha, and my board URL is http://forum.elite-dev.com/register.php

Thanks for your assistance - i really want this to be functionable again!

- Andrew

Have you tried this under a default skin? That would be the first point of call as you are using a heavily modified skin and ensure any third party plugins or products are disabled first and foremost.

Comment

I have tried it with all plugins disabled (in config file) and with default theme.

any suggestions anyone?

Comment

Internal Server Error - check your server error logs for this.
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

There is nothing in them. I checked error_log and my host checked the master error log - nothing.

Comment

Have you gone into maintenance > diagnostics > suspect file versions, and see if all your vbulletin files are correctly uploaded without showing any notices? The only actual vb file that should have a notice is blank.html. If anything else is showing, then that file needs to be reuploaded in ascii mode.

Comment

You need to check the APACHE error logs, these are not found in your control panel. you have to ask your webhost to find them in aapaches error logs.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                You need to check the APACHE error logs, these are not found in your control panel. you have to ask your webhost to find them in aapaches error logs.
                I checked my cPanel error logs - nothing found.

I asked my host (who is root of my server) and he said the master apache error log had nothing in it. I will try the maintenance > file version suggestion.

Comment

Update: I tried a fresh file upload.

In Diagnotics, index.php had different files contents than it should (i even reuploaded index.php but still says it) and blank.html

register.php?do=addmembers causes the internal server error.

is there a PHP function I have disabled that could cause this? It worked fine in 3.8.4, but in vB4 it doesnt seem to work.

Thanks

Comment

**Bump**

Comment

Do you have any hacvks, addons, or third party modifications?
                      Ask your webhost if they have any apache/php/etc security applications that filter data like suhosin, mod_security, or something similiar.

Comment