Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot upload image larger than 2mb

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Cannot upload image larger than 2mb

    Hi,

    I checked all the settings but must have missed something.
    When I try to upload a large image more than 2mb it is being rejected (I am using the new upload manager).
    I have checked the settings in Attachments and gave an overall upload limit to 10mb also chanced the maximum size of the image to the highest settings.

    Where else do I need to check in order to be able to upload these images?

  • #2
    just a guess - but have you transferred these settings across to the usergroup you want them to affect too? there's an 'attachment permissions' option in usergroups too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rupe42 View Post
      just a guess - but have you transferred these settings across to the usergroup you want them to affect too? there's an 'attachment permissions' option in usergroups too.
      Hi yes,

      I have Use Custom Permissions ticked and the following in the permission for Administrator

      Max Filesize 10000000
      Maximum Width: 65535
      Maximum Height: 65535

      Comment


      • #4
        You also need to check your PHP settings:

        Code:
        upload_max_filesize = XXM
        XX would be the top limit for file size.

        Ask your host for help on where to set this as each host has different rules on how/where to edit this setting for PHP.
        To be updated...

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ENF View Post
          You also need to check your PHP settings:

          Code:
          upload_max_filesize = XXM
          XX would be the top limit for file size.

          Ask your host for help on where to set this as each host has different rules on how/where to edit this setting for PHP.
          heya

          upload_max_filesize => 200M

          I am operating a video webpage so that is not the problem.

          Any other ideas?

          Comment


          • #6
            Ok. Then try not using the new upload manager, change it back to the old style and see what happens.

            That's the only other thing that I can think of that would be causing a problem.
            To be updated...

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by NicoRichters View Post
              Hi yes,

              I have Use Custom Permissions ticked and the following in the permission for Administrator

              Max Filesize 10000000
              Maximum Width: 65535
              Maximum Height: 65535
              Maybe we're misunderstanding each other The following options also need to be set in user groups -
              Attachment Permissions Can Upload Attachments Yes No
              Space (in bytes) that a user's total attachment usage may consume (Set to 0 to not have a limit)

              Comment


              • #8
                NVM.... Not enough coffee. Misread the original post.
                I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

                Comment


                • #9
                  Go to Attachments -> Attachment Storage Settings and change the system so that it stores attachments in the file system instead of the database. Many MySQL installations have a maximum packet size of 1 or 2 megabytes. This would prevent large uploads to the database.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API

                  Comment

                  Related Topics

                  Collapse

                  Working...
                  X