X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BirdOPrey5
    replied
    Originally posted by nakedanvil View Post
    Made a couple more BB codes, so cool! Thanks Anthony! I notice it is possible to nest a BB code inside of another. How can I make one to control the display size? need to be able to enter two parameters, otherwise I think I have it figured out.

See if you can figure out how this one is done 3D ROSE You can rotate it with your mouse by holding down the left button.

You could use the {option} to control width AND height, you'd have to enter both as the option... for example:

[pdf="width='400' height='800'"]suhgshg3382bn2jx[/pdf]
    and the following replacement code:
    Code:
    <div class="pdfheight"><object {option} codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/swflash.cab">
    <param name="movie" value="https://acrobat.com/Clients/current/ADCMainEmbed.swf" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" />
    <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <param name="bgcolor" value="#202020" />
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" />
    <param name="flashvars" value="{param}" />
    <embed src="https://acrobat.com/Clients/current/ADCMainEmbed.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#202020"
    {option} align="middle" play="true" loop="false" quality="high" wmode="transparent" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" allowFullScreen="true" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" flashvars="{param}" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>
    </object></div>
    By the way, care to release this at vbulletin.org - I always like a new BB Code.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    If it is attached, it is linked, thus it is spiderable by Google.

Leave a comment:

• cloferba
    replied
    ok, but no way to google to index pdf files attached to a thread?

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    If Google find a pdf, ie. it is linked anywhere, then Google can and will spider it, then make it available.

Leave a comment:

• cloferba
    replied
    is there any way to google to index the pdf files included on the thread?

i mean..i would like google index the text on the pdf as it would be part of the thread...

is this a clear explanation? :S

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Very cool... glad you now have the hang of it though. You can inject nearly any type of custom scripting / code via this method for ease of use, and usually less issues when injecting from the backend.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Made a couple more BB codes, so cool! Thanks Anthony! I notice it is possible to nest a BB code inside of another. How can I make one to control the display size? need to be able to enter two parameters, otherwise I think I have it figured out.

See if you can figure out how this one is done 3D ROSE You can rotate it with your mouse by holding down the left button.
    Last edited by nakedanvil; Tue 1 Jun '10, 1:48pm.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Adjust the bbcode settings and it will change all. If you wanted different size one's to use in different areas, you could create another custom bbcode using the same data, except name the bbcode tag something like pdf1... and so on.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Got a question now: How can we add parameters for width and height? Right now that bb code is locked in at whatever we set in the bb code.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Glad to hear its all working for you Grant... well done mate and you're very welcome.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Ya know, this happens every once in a while; I do an edit, save and come back, and it has reverted, actually like the save never happened. When I replaced the html with bb and saved it reverted to the html. Fixed now. Everything working in all browsers now, COOL! And it's only 2:10 AM! But we're having fun. Thank you again Anthony!

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    I would set yourself up a test install, which you are allowed to do, and you must lock it from public access as per the license agreement, then perform and see for yourself. If it works under a default environment, something in your customisations is screwing with objects rendering correctly.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...ng-A-Test-Site

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    Only thing I have is blue & gold style
    Last edited by nakedanvil; Mon 31 May '10, 1:12am.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    I just tested my above test in both Chrome and FF, both work. Chrome actually renders the object down to the default stylevars preview image size, but both show it correctly.

If your having issues with it rendering, then you need to look at what products or plugins that are third party you may have installed first and foremost. I am doing this in a test vb install, completely clean, thus it works perfectly.

Leave a comment:

• nakedanvil
    replied
    here's what I get in IE 8:Click image for larger version

Name:	nogo ie.png
Views:	1
Size:	10.4 KB
ID:	3679335

Leave a comment: