X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• djbaxter
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    This is not specificly your problem. The error message is generic, as in just to many connections (it doesn't say for x user). This means MySQL itself has hit its connection limit for the entire server.

It has nothing to do with him using vBulletin 4, he'd be getting the same issues on vBulletin 3.

If you guys are just parroting other people that vB4 is resource hungry, it'd be nice for you to stop saying things that you don't understand.
    Try reading the thread, Zachery.

1. I already told him that it's probably a shared hosting issue and to contact his host.

2. I'm not "parroting" anyone. I am relaying my own experiences with vB4 vs vB3. I'm sorry if that upsets your blinkered view of the known universe but it reflects my experience nonetheless. I'm not even saying that to bash vB4 - as I said already there are things I like about vB4 and I will continue to use it. But that doesn't alter the fact that in my experience it requires more resources to provide even close to the same zip I used to have with vB3.

Your anticipated apology accepted in advance.
    Last edited by djbaxter; Sat 29 May '10, 3:56pm.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    This is not specificly your problem. The error message is generic, as in just to many connections (it doesn't say for x user). This means MySQL itself has hit its connection limit for the entire server.

It has nothing to do with him using vBulletin 4, he'd be getting the same issues on vBulletin 3.

If you guys are just parroting other people that vB4 is resource hungry, it'd be nice for you to stop saying things that you don't understand.

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    Are you in fact using shared hosting? If so, it may not be anything you are doing but a problem created by someone else on the same server.

Contact tech support for your hosting.

Leave a comment:

• Lilmikeishere
    replied
    Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
    My comments are based on using 4.01, 4.02, and 4.03. I will continue to use 4.x. There are some things I like about 4.x. But that doesn't alter the facts as stated: It is more resource hungry, as of 4.03 there are still more bugs than you can shake a stick at, and I'm not even using CMS or Blogs yet because that's a whole 'nother set of bugs I don't even want to face.

I had to upgrade my VPS to even approach the speed I was used to in 3.x.
    I've disabled blogs and CMS as well, I just don't understand how out of the clear blue this is happening when I've been using the same host and same vB for a while now.

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    My comments are based on using 4.01, 4.02, and 4.03. I will continue to use 4.x. There are some things I like about 4.x. But that doesn't alter the facts as stated: It is more resource hungry, as of 4.03 there are still more bugs than you can shake a stick at, and I'm not even using CMS or Blogs yet because that's a whole 'nother set of bugs I don't even want to face.

I had to upgrade my VPS to even approach the speed I was used to in 3.x.

Leave a comment:

• Lilmikeishere
    replied
    Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
    Welcome to vB4. More resource hungry than vB3. A lot more database queries than vB3. Adds some features not present in vB3 but also adds a lot of bugs. Decisions made without apparent logic. Left hand frequently heard to say, "What? We have a right hand?".

New! Not necessarily improved but definitely hungrier and more expensive to feed!
    Before you go on de-repping vB4, I actually used it before with the same host and it never got these type of problems.

(Was just an earlier version than 4.0.3)

But yeah, it's been going out of control.

Might as well post another database error I have noticed:

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin 4.0.3:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT title, template
                           FROM template
                           WHERE templateid IN (1038,1037,682,683,78,77,79,69,68,75,76,74,73,398,695,1092,346,347,348,674,675,676,680,697,368,369,370,371,599,715,714,716,719,195,1075,1076,1055,1056,1058,1100,1099,174,176,177,175,356);

MySQL Error   : Lost connection to MySQL server during query
    Error Number  : 2013
    Request Date  : Saturday, May 29th 2010 @ 12:13:57 AM
    Error Date    : Saturday, May 29th 2010 @ 12:15:18 AM
    Script        : http://sitehere.com/login.php?do=login
    Referrer      : http://sitehere.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Introductions-OPEN
    IP Address    : xx.xx.xx.xxx
    Username      : name_here
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    Welcome to vB4. More resource hungry than vB3. A lot more database queries than vB3. Adds some features not present in vB3 but also adds a lot of bugs. Decisions made without apparent logic. Left hand frequently heard to say, "What? We have a right hand?".

New! Not necessarily improved but definitely hungrier and more expensive to feed!

Leave a comment:

• Lilmikeishere
    replied
    I've never had this problem using this host with previous vB versions, this just seems so odd... There's hardly any connections either.

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    This is a server error, most commonly seen with shared hosting. Talk to your host. You may need to upgrade to VPS.

Leave a comment:

• Lilmikeishere
    started a topic [Forum] Constant DB Error.

Constant DB Error.

Code:
    Database error in vBulletin :

mysql_connect() [<a href='function.mysql-connect'>function.mysql-connect</a>]: Too many connections
    /home/lilmisha/public_html/includes/class_core.php on line 312

MySQL Error   :
    Error Number  :
    Request Date  : Friday, May 28th 2010 @ 09:39:27 PM
    Error Date    : Friday, May 28th 2010 @ 09:39:27 PM
    Script        : http://sitehere.com
    Referrer      : http://sitehere.com
    IP Address    : xx.xx.xx.xxx
    Username      :
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Constantly get this DB error.

Don't know why, would like if someone could tell me why this is happening.
    Also, persistent connections is off.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X