Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need to change the upgrade instructions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yellow Slider View Post
    that query is the only problem? that's it? what about the login problem? cookies?
    I don't see him talking about being able to stay logged in or cookies?

Comment

Couldn't log in at all, let alone stay logged in.

I could only log in using the admincp. That worked.

Could notlog in from forum no matter what browser I used. Weird thing was if I typed in my password, you actually saw what was being typed instead of the dots you usually see.

I also have no idea why the 4.0.3 update did not run the querry like you say it should, but I am not the only one this happened too.

So maybe VB wants to look into it.

I will say, I deleted all the files and did a fresh install of 4.0.2. Ran the salt php file, then upgraded to 4.0.3 and I have a board that works.

Ofcourse I had a small community that did not really mind. This is not really an option for most people.

Comment

If you would have started a support ticket we could have taken a look into it. It sounds like your javascript files may have be missing or misplaced. Esp if your password was showing up in plaintext. vB expects an md5 hashed password to be sent.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          If you would have started a support ticket we could have taken a look into it. It sounds like your javascript files may have be missing or misplaced. Esp if your password was showing up in plaintext. vB expects an md5 hashed password to be sent.
          I already said I did not think I would get any support. (Wrong on my part from your response)

Also, from the post sI read on the board, it seems like this is a known issue that no one is doing anything about.

Also, there were no files missing unless they are missing from the 4.0.3 download packet.

When I deleted them and installed 4.0.2 first with the salt file run, things worked on 4.0.2, I then updated to 4.0.3

Like I said, for my board it was no big deal to just start over, but that is not the case for most people.

I think VB needs to look into this problem. It is not just me.

I mean if you want, I have old VB files on my computer, I cam create a test board and redo the upgrade to see if it does not work, then give you access to that board if you want.

Comment

I've upgraded a moderate ammount of forums and not run into this issue. If you believe that there is a bug in the upgrade script that is reproduceable please start a bug report.

This is the first I've heard of this honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              I've upgraded a moderate ammount of forums and not run into this issue. If you believe that there is a bug in the upgrade script that is reproduceable please start a bug report.

This is the first I've heard of this honestly.
              There are other posts on the board that have the same issue.

But I will try installing an older version of VB. I have like 3.6.x somewhere on my hard drive.

I will make a test board, make a few accounts, post a few threads, then upgrade it to 3.8.4, then directly to 4.0.3.

I will let you know what happens.

Comment

Thanks for your time and effort

Comment

No problem..been a long time user. And after playing with the 4.0.3, I may even still buy the new upgrades.

I did a clean install of 3.5, I updated that to 3.8.4 (man that took forever!). I then updated to 4.0.3.

It seems to work fine.

Only differnce was a fresh install as opposed to one with a custom style and a few pluggins.

SO I will chalk this up to a random error. Hey it is a computer, it happens.

Comment

BTW am I allowed to keep the new forum I just made to test the install as a test forum for styles and mods? Or should I delete the thing now.

I ask because I am using a style that needs tweeking and I'd prefer not to have to use my live board.

Comment

Everyone is allowed to have a non-live test forum with any vBulletin license.
                      Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                      Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X