Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problems with vBulletin 4

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [CMS] Problems with vBulletin 4

    I've been running the latest CMS version with no recent changes and all of the sudden today nothing comes up. My host tells me I'm getting error 503. Would I assume that someone hacked it? How do I go back getting back in?

    What's the direct command url for admin cp to see if I can get in?

    Thanks

  • #2
    Originally posted by howard007 View Post
    I've been running the latest CMS version with no recent changes and all of the sudden today nothing comes up. My host tells me I'm getting error 503. Would I assume that someone hacked it? How do I go back getting back in?

    What's the direct command url for admin cp to see if I can get in?

    Thanks
    Can we see a link to your forum or at least a screenshot with the error? Because from the error you say you are getting, it doesn''t look like a hack. Error 503 means: An HTTP status code 503 indicates that your Web server is currently unable to handle the request because of a temporary overload or maintenance of your server. However, as it relates to WebSphere Application Server, this error indicates that your Web application is unavailable for some reason. HTTP 503 (service unavailable) error relates to WebSphere Application Server.

    You can reach the acp by adding admincp after the forum url. or if you have renamed the acp folder then enter its name instead.

    Comment


    • #3
      The software is running on apache and all was fine until after 3:30pm. I have a very big system of messages. I can access the login for admin panel but when I try to login I get blank page.
      What do I do for emergency support?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by howard007 View Post
        The software is running on apache and all was fine until after 3:30pm. I have a very big system of messages. I can access the login for admin panel but when I try to login I get blank page.
        What do I do for emergency support?
        There is an article on blank pages at the online manual. You might want to have a look at it.

        Try to ask for support at your member''s area.

        Comment


        • #5
          ok found this:
          Database error in vBulletin 4.0.3:Invalid SQL: INSERT IGNORE INTO session (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid,languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent,bypass, profileupdate) VALUES ('cc1e4c17aeee9713aad38c44b1640674', 0, '67.218.116.163','466299f6c4fd4247b8e6a63d3d6be631', 1274219847,'/forums/newreply.php?p=31637&noquote=1', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 'Mozilla/5.0(Twiceler-0.9 http://www.cuil.com/twiceler/robot.html)', 0, 0);MySQL Error : The table 'session' is fullError Number : 1114Request Date : Tuesday, May 18th 2010 @ 05:57:27 PMError Date : Tuesday, May 18th 2010 @ 05:57:27 PMScript : forums/newreply.php?p=31637&noquote=1Referrer : IP Address : XXXXXXXXXUsername : UnregisteredClassname : vB_Database_MySQLiMySQL Version :

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by howard007 View Post
            ok found this:
            Database error in vBulletin 4.0.3:Invalid SQL: INSERT IGNORE INTO session (sessionhash, userid, host, idhash, lastactivity, location, styleid,languageid, loggedin, inforum, inthread, incalendar, badlocation, useragent,bypass, profileupdate) VALUES ('cc1e4c17aeee9713aad38c44b1640674', 0, '67.218.116.163','466299f6c4fd4247b8e6a63d3d6be631', 1274219847,'/forums/newreply.php?p=31637&noquote=1', 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 'Mozilla/5.0(Twiceler-0.9 http://www.cuil.com/twiceler/robot.html)', 0, 0);MySQL Error : The table 'session' is fullError Number : 1114Request Date : Tuesday, May 18th 2010 @ 05:57:27 PMError Date : Tuesday, May 18th 2010 @ 05:57:27 PMScript : forums/newreply.php?p=31637&noquote=1Referrer : IP Address : XXXXXXXXXUsername : UnregisteredClassname : vB_Database_MySQLiMySQL Version :

            Try to truncate the session table.

            Comment


            • #7
              You weren't hacked, create a support ticket: http://members.vbulletin.com and make sure to provide ftp, admincp and phpmyadmin logins. You may want to go over the blank page resource first though: http://www.vbulletin.com/go/blank

              Comment


              • #8
                That did it. The concern of mine is why did this fill up? Apprently the scheduled tasks is not pruning the session tasks. Why?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Zachery,
                  I've been sweating bullets here. The host provider deleted the session file and then it came up. How do I ensure it doesn't happen again?
                  Thanks

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Make sure your tasks are running, AdminCP > Schedueled tasks > Make sure all of the next run dates rae in the future, if they're not edit each one and save it. Then make sure there is a cronimage in your footer template.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by howard007 View Post
                      That did it. The concern of mine is why did this fill up? Apprently the scheduled tasks is not pruning the session tasks. Why?
                      How big is your forum?

                      You can check the database on regulary basis and if you see the session table getting big, simply truncate it again. All it will do is that it will log off all your users/guests and they will have to re-log in again.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        My forum size is as follows:
                        Data Usage: 1.21 GB
                        Index Usage: 69.89MB

                        Is this considered to be a big fourm? I assume yes?
                        Where exactly do I check the session table?

                        Thanks


                        Originally posted by borbole View Post
                        How big is your forum?

                        You can check the database on regulary basis and if you see the session table getting big, simply truncate it again. All it will do is that it will log off all your users/guests and they will have to re-log in again.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Zachery,

                          Which tasked am I exactly looking for? I don't see anything that says sessions or such.

                          Thanks

                          Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          Make sure your tasks are running, AdminCP > Schedueled tasks > Make sure all of the next run dates rae in the future, if they're not edit each one and save it. Then make sure there is a cronimage in your footer template.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I think its Hourly Cleanup Task 2, but edit both.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Hourly Cleanup and Hourly Cleanup Task 2 were both disabled. I selected edit and enabled. Was I supposed to do anything more?

                              What exactly do these scripts do? Not sure why these were disabled.

                              Thanks

                              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                              I think its Hourly Cleanup Task 2, but edit both.

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X