problem with touchpad on Sony laptop since upgrading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Blog] problem with touchpad on Sony laptop since upgrading

I've recently upgraded to the latest patch of VB4 and having done so I'm having trouble with the touchpad on my Sony notebook. The problem occurs when I'm in the blog edit box and trying to edit a long post. I can use the sidebar to scroll down to the bottom of the post but if I try to click on a line of text to edit it I am dumped right back to the first line of text in the post. In effect I can't use the mouse function to move around the edit box and have to rely on the arrow keys.

This only happens with the touchpad on my laptop and it does not happen with a standard mouse on my desktop PC. It has only started to happen since I upgraded to the latest patch and I have no other issues with this touchpad on any other boards or web sites. Anyone got any ideas on why this might be happening?

TiA

Pete

Try setting your editor to use the Full WYSIWYG editor and see if the problem goes away. Also, is there a difference in screen resolutions between your laptop and desktop? There is a known bug with the editor (fixed in 4.04) that causes the cursor to jump around on long posts. Current fix is to use the WYSIWYG editor.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, as I'm on the patched version of 4.03 I guess I've become victim of the bug you mention. If there a ER release of 4.04 yet?

Incidentally, I see the problem in both the quick and advanced editors in in blogs and in forum posting!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X