Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to allow other user groups ( other than admin ) to configure CMS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Is there a way to allow other user groups ( other than admin ) to configure CMS?

Right now it appears that only admins can configure layouts etc in cms ... is there a way to allow moderators to also be able to basically fully administer CMS without putting them in the admins group?

bump ...

Comment

No, if you want them to be able to edit sections and categories, clear cms cache, and administer widgets then they have to be in admincp. You can however set their permissions so they can't do anything else in admincp.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
        No, if you want them to be able to edit sections and categories, clear cms cache, and administer widgets then they have to be in admincp. You can however set their permissions so they can't do anything else in admincp.

That is kind of dumb ... but I guess it is what it is ...

So the plan would be to add them as a secondary group of admin ... and just give them the admin rights to manage CMS right?

Comment

Originally posted by tommac12 View Post

So the plan would be to add them as a secondary group of admin ... and just give them the admin rights to manage CMS right?
          Dumb?
          Last edited by nakedanvil; Tue 18 May '10, 11:32pm.

Comment

Originally posted by tommac12 View Post

Anyone not in the administrator usergroup, but in a usergroup with (Can Access AdminCP, aka an administrator) is still an administrator. The name of the group doesn't mean much.

If you want them to be able to access the admincp functions, they need to be able to access the admincp, aka be an administrator.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X