Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting this message on the top of AdminCP"Administrator Attention", how to fix this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Have you created the directory in your forum root or the site root?

Leave a comment:

• CrossEyedGamer
    replied
    I was also having this same issue and never tried fixing it. I just checked all that stuff out and map a new directory and moved the file into it. I made it all 777 and I still get that same message and if I try and do it manually I get the message - The directory the sitemap files are to be written into is not writeable. Please change the permissions on the path to be writeable by the web server or enter a different path in the....

Will be looking to get this thing finally working beings I have never had it work on VB 4 at all.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Go to vboptions > XML sitemap... what do you have entered in Sitemap File Path? Now, go to your site (ftp there) and find that directory... is it in the location you specified in Sitemap File Path? And is the directory chmod to 777?

Leave a comment:

• PolicyWala
    replied
    Pls guide me in layman language, I am new to web world.

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    Ummmm- you could set the sitemap file directory (admincp > settings > options > XML sitemap) to some directory where the web server process has write access? You could either change the permissions on the path to one that's writeable by the web server or enter a different path.

Leave a comment:

• Getting this message on the top of AdminCP"Administrator Attention", how to fix this?

Administrator Attention Required
    The directory the sitemap files are to be written into is not writeable. Please change the permissions on the path to be writeable by the web server or enter a different path in the sitemap options.
    Getting this message on the top of AdminCP, how to fix this?