Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nakedanvil
    replied
    It's "act as forum" that you want to turn off. Categories only exist on the top level, but in the end they're just labels, has more to do with what you want them to do at each level. In VB it's: category/forum/subforum, but you can call it category/subcategory/forum. Just better to stay with VB terminology when asking question though, so everyone is on the same page. I suppose, seeing as how it doesn't "act as a forum" category might be a better term.
    Last edited by nakedanvil; Fri 14 May '10, 7:36am.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by jonsidneyb View Post
    Thanks,

Since I have category>category>forums shouldn't the forum not be listed as a subforum since it is directly under a category?

Also, the second category has a post new thread icon? I would think that a category would not have that?
    For the "New Thread Icon" you can turn that off by changing the "Forum is Open" to NO. (On the category in question)

Leave a comment:

• jonsidneyb
    replied
    Thanks,

Since I have category>category>forums shouldn't the forum not be listed as a subforum since it is directly under a category?

Also, the second category has a post new thread icon? I would think that a category would not have that?
    Last edited by jonsidneyb; Fri 14 May '10, 12:23am.

Leave a comment:

• ENF
    replied
    Originally posted by jonsidneyb View Post
    I also thought a forum under a category under a category would not show up on the index page
    This is controlled by the depth settings.

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Forum Listings Display Options -> (Look at the first 3 settings)

Depth of Forums - Forum Home
    Depth of Forums - Forum Display
    Depth of Sub-Forums

Good Luck.

Leave a comment:

• jonsidneyb
    replied
    I also thought a forum under a category under a category would not show up on the index page

Leave a comment:

• jonsidneyb
    started a topic [Forum] Catagory inside of a Catagory.

Catagory inside of a Catagory.

I am just getting over a really dumb moment but gave me the idea to explore something.

I think an application would be maybe if you had a top level category of schools. Each subcategory would be the school names. Inside each of the subcategories could be the schools sports teams and other things.

I just created a category inside of a category and them put a forum inside the lower level category. My thought was since this was a category in itself that any forums under it would not be subforums but they do show up as subforums. The other thing I noticed is that that there is the Post new thread text in this subcategory.

This didn't turn out like I expected.

Can a subcategory be made that that does not have the post new thread in it and the forums inside of it not be listed as subforums?
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X