Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Bots go into a usergroup automatically

Hey,

On phpBB3 forums, the bots from search engines such as Google and Yahoo etc are automatically added to a 'Bots' usergroup.

I am wondering if this is possible in VBulletin too?

Because I don't want 'Guests' to view my forums content in the threads, but I will allow the 'Bots' to read the content... so the topics will still show up in search engines.

Hope you understand my question.

Thanks

An interesting concept, but no, vb won't allow non-registered visitors to be anything but "not registered" (guests). If you allowed search bots access to your pay forums, what would prevent anyone from simply changing their user agent and gaining access? Or just reading the forum from the search engine.

Maybe what you're looking for is something like I use: Limited Guest Viewing -- Motivate Guests to Register

Comment

Bots no point in any group except unregistered
      not have any rights other than the guest
      absolutely agree with Videx
      born to fish forced to work

Comment

Because I don't want 'Guests' to view my forums content in the threads, but I will allow the 'Bots' to read the content... so the topics will still show up in search engines.
        This sounds like cloaking.
        My Live vB5 Site - NZEating.com
        vBulletin Hosting | vBulletin Services - Need hosting for your vB? Need it installed? Something else? Let me take that hassle off your hands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X