Can't get images to show in signatures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Can't get images to show in signatures

I've got no restrictions with regard to using images in signatures..no file size limitations...no height or width limitations..nohing.

Unfortunately no matter what I do images aren't showing when people post. If they go into their settings and add an image using the link or uploading the file, the image shows in their preview as if it's set where it says: "your current signature" but when you look at their posts nothing displays in their signature.

I've also got HTML enabled thinking that maybe if i use img src code it will work but no dice with that either..same result image shows up in control panel but nothing in posts throughout forums.

Can anyone help me out?

There are a couple of things that could be happening here.

Simply adding a signature in "My Profile" isn't enough to make them show up on every post. Signatures will only be shown if the "Show your signature" tickbox is checked at the time of posting. That means previous posts made without this checked will not have a member's signature displayed.

The other setting found in the frontend that determines if the end user sees people signatures is found at: Settings -> General Settings -> Thread Display Options -> Show Signatures Every member can select (or de-select) this to personalize their view.

Do either of those help?
    If you read it online, it must be true.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesAB View Post
      There are a couple of things that could be happening here.

Simply adding a signature in "My Profile" isn't enough to make them show up on every post. Signatures will only be shown if the "Show your signature" tickbox is checked at the time of posting. That means previous posts made without this checked will not have a member's signature displayed.

The other setting found in the frontend that determines if the end user sees people signatures is found at: Settings -> General Settings -> Thread Display Options -> Show Signatures Every member can select (or de-select) this to personalize their view.

Do either of those help?
      James, thanks for the help.

I've done as you said and verified that the "show signatures" option is checked under General Settings; however, my signature pictures are still not showing.

Also, I do not see a "show your signature" tickbox as an option to choose when I create a post..so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Any other ideas?

Comment

Do you have these "Show your signature" options?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	3679168

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	17.6 KB
ID:	3679169

Comment

Originally posted by JamesAB View Post
          Do you have these "Show your signature" options?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45115[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45116[/ATTACH]
          I have the first one (and both of the options are ticked like yours in the picture) but I don't show the second option.

Here's what I see when I reply to a thread:

Our board doesn't use quick reply though..I have it disabled.

What's really strange is that everywhere i look be it on my settings page or my Userprofile in the ACP it shows my signature pic as if it's active and working, yet when you look at my posts on the board..nothing.

Here's a SC from my ACP to illustrate what I mean:

Comment

Ok, this is just weird.

I'm now able to get a picture to show up in my signature by inputting the raw HTML code in the Signature box [IMG]example.jpg[/IMG], the picture shows up in the preview pane and displays properly whenever I post yet in my control panel it shows my currently active signature picture as being a totally different picture, lol. If I remove the HTML code I'm back to square one..user cp saying different picture is current sig but posts showing nothing.

????

Comment

Are signatures with only text working? Or are you having trouble will all signatures?

This has to be a permissions issue or a template issue. Have you modified any postbit templates?

Comment

Sorry to bump a topic old as this one, but googling brought me here with the same problem half an hour ago (solved 5 minutes ago ).

Actually, the user has to insert signature image into signature by button that inserts SIGPIC tag or enter the tag manually.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by marlera View Post

Actually, the user has to insert signature image into signature by button that inserts SIGPIC tag or enter the tag manually.

Cheers!
                  If anyone can illustrate this one a little bit more .
                  I am just sick of this problem .. :/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X