Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where is the INSERT for adding new calendar events?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Where is the INSERT for adding new calendar events?

Where is the INSERT query for adding new events to a calendar? I have searched and grepped and am obviously missing something that should be very easy...
    sigpic
    Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

To the top right of the calendar, you will see "Add New Event" which is how you add to the calendar.

Comment

I thought he was asking for the literal SQL query that would function in the same manner as the "Add Event" button.
      To be updated...

Comment

Originally posted by ENF View Post
        I thought he was asking for the literal SQL query that would function in the same manner as the "Add Event" button.
        If that's the case, look at calendar.php and how it is using the event datamanager (class_dm_event.php) For example, near the calendar_update_process hook.
        If you have more specific questions about this it will be better to ask over at vbulletin.org
        If you read it online, it must be true.

Comment

Thanks James, that is what I was referring too. Unfortunately I couldn't find anything at all. I'll head over to .org.
          sigpic

Comment

Ugggg!!! Why doesn't adding a record to the database display the event in the calendar!!! LOL
            sigpic

Comment

Because vBulletin has never published their database schema, you have to do some guessing to figure out what tables you need to update.

The calendar is probably cached in some way. You may even need to refresh the datastore.

Comment

feldon23,

Thanks for your reply. I just added something to refresh the eventcache and it wasn't effective (although it is handling the datastore update). Back to the drawing board.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by reefland View Post
                  Ugggg!!! Why doesn't adding a record to the database display the event in the calendar!!! LOL
                  In the long run, you'll be better off using the datamanager for this, rather than writing directly to the database.

Comment

I'm giving that a whirl now. Wish me luck. LOL
                    sigpic

Comment

UNCLE! I said UNCLE!

vb got the best of me today. I don't think it is possible to insert an event and have it show on the calendar outside the Add Event UI in the calendar. LOL
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JamesAB View Post
                        In the long run, you'll be better off using the datamanager for this, rather than writing directly to the database.
                        Is there a data manager for the vBulletin calendar? The vBulletin calendar is still largely running on code harkening back to vBulletin 2.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23 View Post
                          Is there a data manager for the vBulletin calendar? The vBulletin calendar is still largely running on code harkening back to vBulletin 2.
                          There is a datamanager class for adding events to calenders. It is initialized as 'Event'.

reefland, if you are still having trouble I recommend posting the code you are trying to use in a new thread at vbulletin.org because that's the best place to get specific help for this type of thing.

Comment

Just in case anyone is interested in helping with that seems to be a trivial problem...
                            http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242274
                            sigpic

Comment