Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andy View Post
    ^([1-9]|[1-9]\d|100)$
    If you use regex, do you have to add anything to the answers? Or will regex take care of that?
    vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

vBulletin.org's ol' Moderator

I have a lifetime terrorist hunting permit - #091101

chmod a+x /bin/laden -- Allows anyone the permission to execute /bin/laden

Comment

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
      If you use regex, do you have to add anything to the answers? Or will regex take care of that?
      Regex will take care of that.

Comment

Thanks, Andy. I have been playing with regex a bit tonight and have learned a few things. I still have a long way to go but I found a site that let's me test a regex statement and shows what works and what fails. They had a few examples on there that I tested out. Pretty slick stuff.
        vBulletin - Sometimes, I'm just like, Wow, and then I'm like, Whoa, and then I'm like, Damn.

Comment

And you aren't going to share the link with us, boofo dear?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Sorry about that. I figured you all probably knew this site already, if you deal with regex at all. Here is the link for the Regex Tester page. They have quite a few examples there, also, at Browse Expressions by Category link. It got kind of addicting going through the various submissions and seeing how they did them.

Comment

I didn't know about that page. I don't really use it much, but I do have people occasionally ask me a question about it and it's good to be able to point to a site that helped someone else.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I grabbed a few of the regexes (sp?) for my Questions and Answers human verification. From what I tested of them, they seem to work fairly well. They also have some there that will do ZIP Code format verification, phone number format verification and more. They have a nice set of examples and you can always add more. I actually did my very first regex last night after looking at the other examples. It is simple and rudimentary, but it works.

Comment

It's also mostly useless because as the guy already said, simple questions like "What color is the sky?" are totally confounding bots right now. Not because they can't be taught to answer the question, but apparently because it's too much trouble for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Videx View Post
                    It's also mostly useless because as the guy already said, simple questions like "What color is the sky?" are totally confounding bots right now. Not because they can't be taught to answer the question, but apparently because it's too much trouble for them.
                    Well, the bots got through Google's GMail captcha a few days ago so they must be learning something.*

Comment