• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Failure to login!

Hi. I am using vbulletin v.4.0.3.

Most of the existing and active users cannot login. Here's the message:

vBulletin Message
    Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

That message pops out the first time we try to log-in (the quota shouldn't be just once right?).

We've tried to upgrade the vbulletin version (from 4.0 something to 4.0.3), but still didn't works.

Anyone have ever encounter this problem? Please advise what should I do.
    Thanks.

I am having the same problems and starting to lose members as they can't log in to the forum

Please can someone help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BSC View Post
      Hi. I am using vbulletin v.4.0.3.

Most of the existing and active users cannot login. Here's the message:

vBulletin Message
      Wrong username or password. You have used up your failed login quota! Please wait 15 minutes before trying again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

That message pops out the first time we try to log-in (the quota shouldn't be just once right?).

We've tried to upgrade the vbulletin version (from 4.0 something to 4.0.3), but still didn't works.

Anyone have ever encounter this problem? Please advise what should I do.
      Thanks.
      Originally posted by supra77 View Post
      I am having the same problems and starting to lose members as they can't log in to the forum

Please can someone help!!!
      When you two ran your upgrades, was it a 4.0 version requiring you to run the salt.php? If it was did you? If your not sure always remember to take notes or jot it down but for now until we all know the answer about the salt.php you can try:

In your vBulletin .zip there was also a folder named "do_not_upload" check inside, upload tools.php to your admincp folder, open up a new tab and key in the url of your forum followed by /admincp/tools.php

Reset both items referring to cookies, then when it's done delete the tools.php as it's a security risk to leave it setting in there and your done with it so no need for it now. Clear your browsers cookies, close your browser then re-open it. NOW when you go to first login click the "remember me" box, don't forget and you should be able to login.

Again the above is based on the salt.php I mentioned at the top. If you can login inform your members they need to clear their cookies, you can edit the template forumhome and manually place a message telling them so they see it or alternatively in a public forum such as an announcements forum if you have one etc.

Former vBulletin Support Staff
      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!

Comment

It happened to me after i upgraded from 4.0.2 - 4.0.2.3

I'll give your suggestion a bash and see what i can break...erm i mean fix lol
        Last edited by supra77; Wed 12 May '10, 9:55am.

Comment

Nothing is working with that All my members that already registered can log in, but new members can't and get the same message as above

Could really do with a fix for this please as we have national events coming up and members from my old site can't log in to the new VB site.

Comment

I had 2 new sign ups and they couldn't sign back in either. They erased there accounts and I had them re-register and now they can sign in. not sure what is wrong?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X