changing vb4 publishing suite page names

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] changing vb4 publishing suite page names

I was wondering if it is possible to change the page names for some of the pages.

For instance we have a current forum (just the forum, we are adding the publishing suite now) where index.php and forum.php are the same. On another site we have the publishing suite and there the content.php page is the same as the index.php page.

We'd like to keep the structure the same when we add the publishing suite to this new page (keeping forum.php and index.php as the same. We'd also like to rename content.php something else.

Is there a way to do that just through the admin panel, or do I need to change actual files?

If you open the index.php page in a text editor, you will see that you can pick whether to show the forum.php or content.php page if the user goes to index.php. The default is content.php, but you can just comment that out and uncomment the forum.php redirect instead.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Makes sense...

What if I wanted the page to be called something other than content.php?

Comment

You can change it in vboptions > Content Managerment > CMS URL and Site Tab URL

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X