No announcement yet.

show members online for guests.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] show members online for guests.

i'd like to show guests viewing my forum the members that are logged in.
    is there away to make member appear online for guests viewing please?

Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Fan Forum | Medical Fairy
    Last edited by jaycob; Wed 13 Jun '12, 7:06pm.
    Teen Forums | Chloe Moretz | Teen Celebrity

no go? cant be done?
    thanks.

Comment

AdminCP -> User Groups -> User Group Manager -> Edit: Unregistered / Not Logged On -> Go to the "Who's Online" Permissions section -> Set: Can View Who's Online to YES

Note: We generally keep the other options set to NO, please adjust as you see necessary. Otherwise, the first option will do what you want.

Good Luck!
      To be updated...

Comment

hi ENF,

thanks but i dont want guests to be able to view the online list, i just want guests to be able to view members online on forumhome only like vb3.8.

Comment

Originally posted by jaycob View Post
          hi ENF,

thanks but i dont want guests to be able to view the online list, i just want guests to be able to view members online on forumhome only like vb3.8.
          Are you talking about the link where you can click "Who's Online" and it takes you another page to view the online people?

If so, there is not a separate control for that. If you want to remove access to that link but still allow guests to see who is online @ forumhome, you'll need to modify your vBulletin code to accomplish this request.

If I'm still wrong about what you want, please try to clarify with some additional detail. The VB3.8 and VB4 "Who's Online" functions basically the same.
          To be updated...

Comment

hey, ok a screen shot is in order
            just the logged in members guests can not see, i want guests to be able to see members logged in like screen shot...possible? thx
            Attached Files

Comment

this has to be able to be done, you could view members logged in whats going on box in versions 3.5, 3.6, 3.7, 3.8 but you cant vb4. come on. made the thread 6 days ago!!

Comment

There are only two places to control this:

1) [AdminCP/Options] AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Who's Online Options

2) [AdminCP/User Groups] AdminCP -> Usergroups -> User Group Manager -> Edit each group and adjust the "Who's Online Permissions" section as you would like it.

These are the only two areas that control the "Currently Active Users" & "Who's Online" areas.

VB Manual: Who's Online Options: http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/m...up_whosonlione
                To be updated...

Comment

mmm thanks mate.
                  ok so basically i need to add a code back to forumhome for guests to see members logged in???? NOT "who's on line" im meaning "Members Logged In"
                  so i guess after all this time i should have asked vbulletin.org, why would vbulletin suddenly change this in vb4. damn it. when guests see lots of members logged in, they will sign up.

this is what i want guests to see
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	105z7rs.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	3679166

this is what guests see now.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	dlqs15.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	3679167

Comment

Originally posted by jaycob View Post
                    ok so basically i need to add a code back to forumhome for guests to see members logged in???? NOT "who's on line" im meaning "Members Logged In"
                    so i guess after all this time i should have asked vbulletin.org, why would vbulletin suddenly change this in vb4. damn it. when guests see lots of members logged in, they will sign up.
                    I showed you in post #3 how to do this.

Post #3 above allows GUESTS to see members logged into the forum. (As shown in the first screen shot you have there above)

You need to have Who's Online turned on as well as noted in post #8.

On my personal sites, guests can see members logged on using the settings I've provided here. This has not changed with VB4, you can have the same settings as VB3, you just need to configure it properly.

If I'm not explaining this clearly enough, someone else please reply to confirm what I'm saying here. :S
                    To be updated...

Comment

lol thanks anyway, but you are still giving me the option settings for guests to view the who's online list eg: online.php
                      i want the guests to see members on forumhome, the users only show under the " What's Going On?" that is logged in box.

am i correct, that you are giving me the directions only to view the online.php???

sorry but thats not what i want. if you log out of vbulletin here and look under "What's Going On?" box you will only see "Only Written in words" There are currently 66 users online 3 members and 24 guest, under where it says that i see no members logged in can you? its just the members i want guests to see.
                      1) [AdminCP/Options] AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Who's Online Options
                      this does not work for guests

2) [AdminCP/User Groups] AdminCP -> Usergroups -> User Group Manager -> Edit each group and adjust the "Who's Online Permissions" section as you would like it

this only allows guests to view the online.php not whats in the "whats going on box"

im sorry if im wrong, but theres a misunderstanding going on and im sorry, but i have explained best i can mate.

Comment

Yes, looking at 4.0.3, there is absolutely no way in which to show guests the numbers off who's online using default options. Whether its a bug or on purpose... it doesn't exist.

Even removing the if statement around the forumhome wgo online users only shows the text, not the numbers or usernames.
                        Code:
                        <vb:if condition="$show['loggedinusers']">
                        Having a quick play, it seems a change to that if statement in the forumhome and who's online templates may do it for you.

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/t...e_conditionals

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=231525
                        Last edited by anthonyparsons; Wed 12 May '10, 5:25pm.

Comment

ok, i messed with the forumhome and came up with something that works.

in forumhome template look for:

Code:
                          <vb:if condition="$show['guest']"><ol class="commalist" id="wgo_onlineusers_list">
                          {vb:raw activeusers} </ol><vb:else />[COLOR=Red]&nbsp;[/COLOR]</vb:if>
                          and add directly under:

Code:
                          <vb:if condition="$show['member']"><ol class="commalist" id="wgo_onlineusers_list">
                          {vb:raw activeusers} </ol><vb:else />[COLOR=Red]&nbsp;[/COLOR]</vb:if>
                          i also had to remove from the codes above the part in the red &nbsp; in order for the members logged in to place a bit neater under whats going on box.

and it works, guests can now see whos members logged in.

EDIT WAIT!!!

that was a fix for element style, it seems vbulletin default does not have that code ha??
                          i'll mess a little moe.
                          Last edited by jaycob; Wed 12 May '10, 5:20pm.

Comment

What seems to be missing from 3.x > 4.x is the below:

AdminCP > Forume Home Page Options > Display Logged in Users?

You used to have options "Yes, display to registered only" guests, etc.... that option has now been removed from the forumhome options.
                            Last edited by anthonyparsons; Wed 12 May '10, 5:44pm.

Comment

I'm really confused here, in looking at my test VB4.0.3 forum, if I'm not logged into the forum and looking it as a 'guest' - I can see the members online.

I'm talking about the What's Going On Box, under "Currently Active Users".

How about this setting:

AdminCP -> Settings -> Options -> Forum Home Display Options -> Display Logged in Users?

This option does exist in VB4.0.3

..i'm going nuts over this.... :P
                              To be updated...

Comment