Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Attaching Images to Thread Posts

Ok,

First, I apologize if this has been discussed. I've been searching hi and low (off and on) over the last week for an answer and I've found some threads but not really answering my questions.

Attaching images is a problem. It's not intuitive at ALL, in fact, I have yet to figure out how to upload and attach an image and I'm the computer literate one on our board

On the quick reply box I click "Insert Image->Select Files-> popup opens and I select an image, like so

Click image for larger version

Name:	Upload%201.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	3717693

Then I click "Upload File" and get this:

Name:	Upload%202.png
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	3717694

I know there are steps after this but I can't even get past it. I've checked that the images are within size requirements and I ran the uploads diagnostic and it came out clean.

Folks on my board are getting antsy now and half of them are calling for me to revert the site to 3.x so the attachments work again (or are less clumsy). I've even read trough the VB Manual and couldn't find specific instructions on how the attachment manager works. I really don't want to to roll back to 3.x, I'm just starting to like vb 4. I guess I would just think that a feature like this that is so widely needed/ used should be less clumsy. Anyone know of any plans to make adjustment to the process?

Thanks so much in advance.

Here is how you turn off Asset manager and use the Attachment Manager (Legacy Version).

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - Enable -> No

Tell you members to click the paperclip icon when they want to upload attachments.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
      Here is how you turn off Asset manager and use the Attachment Manager (Legacy Version).

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Attachment Options -> Asset Manager - Enable -> No

Tell you members to click the paperclip icon when they want to upload attachments.

I tried but would not work either.

Error ---> unable to upload the file

Comment

How are attachments being stored? File System or Database?

Comment

What happens when you try this?

Admin CP -> Maintenance -> Diagnostics -> Upload

Comment

You really want to be easily able to post pics from your albums in threads/posts/blogs without getting involved with the paperclip or attachment manager - this feature isn't available unfortunately.

I use the excellent photopopup mod on 3.8 but that's incompatible and I haven't found a replacement yet.

The lack of this BASIC feature in 4 is laughable. Wtf are albums supposed to be anyway(apart from useless)?

Comment

Hi!
              I didn't find a thread with my question yet, so I'll post it in this.

Asset manager
              When I post a message as administrator with "Insert Image" option - I have ability to make attachments:

Name:	079.png
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	3679246
              But all registered users don't have such ability, "Insert Image" button calls the other window:

Name:	Screenshot33.jpg
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	3679247
              I have checked all permissions for usergroups, attachments.
              How I could resolve the problem?
              Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Gecuba View Post
                Hi!
                I didn't find a thread with my question yet, so I'll post it in this.
                Please start a new thread.

Comment