Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

vBulletin 4x copyright text image clarification (non branding free)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] vBulletin 4x copyright text image clarification (non branding free)

I've been reading several post regarding the (non branding free) footer copyright notice, some are very old so I would like to clarify what is acceptable.

I currently have text:
    "Powered by vBulletin™ Copyright © 2010 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved."

Is this ok and am I permitted to change this to an image rather than text?

example image:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	copyright.png
Views:	1
Size:	2.2 KB
ID:	3715853

Sorry to bump this but we're also wondering this. We get so much spam from google referers that are searching for 'powered by vbulletin'. Is it ok to replace it with a simple image (that looks identical to how it would if it was in text I might add.

If not, could vB staff please suggest how we combat this (bearing in mind we use MULTIPLE spam blocking lists on a very large forum with highly skilled admins - and short of replacing the copyright, we've exhausted other ideas!

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1825117

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ight=copyright

You can only remove the version, you can change it onto an image, you can remove the link via the languages and phrases manager. All these things have been stated by staff and linked above. Do a search in titles for copyright, limit it to only this vb4 forum discussion, and you will see a lot of recent results, where staff have given their answers. Until those answers change, the existing hold true.

If they change anything, we will all know. VB staff have reviewed mine as it is image based, and it is perfectly acceptable providing it mimics the copyright with the only exception being the version can be removed, nothing else.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X