Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Strange scrolling issue

From one of my members:

"After pasting text in, I'm not able to scroll to the bottom of the text. The scroll bar just jumps back up to some apparently random spot. I've tried using the arrow keys to move down one line at a time, but even then, it jumps back up, so there's no way to get the cursor to the end. Just mentioning it in case someone else encounters it."

Two other people encountered it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Create a new style with no parent:
    • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
    • Parent Style: No Parent Style
    • Title: Default vBulletin
    • Allow User Selection: Yes
    • Save

Make sure you allow users to change styles, then ask your users to browse the site using that totally default vbulletin style - do they still have the same problem?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Did that. It worked at first, but the problem returned.

Comment

I believe your member is referring to a problem that is a known bug. This is when you are using the standard editor and posting/editing a message. It only occurs when there is about 20 lines of text or more. It's been fixed in vb4.0.4.

Comment

I have some people with similar problems. In my case, it is only happening on the Advanced Reply and only with IE. For one guy, this happens every time he uses Advanced Reply. He is using IE8.

Comment

Originally posted by djsmeltzer View Post
            I have some people with similar problems. In my case, it is only happening on the Advanced Reply and only with IE. For one guy, this happens every time he uses Advanced Reply. He is using IE8.
            See post #4.

Comment

So, when should 4.0.4 be available?

Comment

Soon I suspect.

Comment

My members are complaining about this, and I've experienced it as well. It is annoying enough that some report they are skipping replying just to avoid it. It does seem to be worse with IE, based on member complaints.

How has the upgrade to 4.0.4 worked for people? Is this issue solved?

Comment

Problem was fixed in 4.0.4 and works very well. I tested it myself.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X