Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] vB 4.0.3 - Can't find titleimage StyleVar in DefaultStyle

Hi,

I'm working my way thru this helpful doco (How-To-Styling-Theming) to skin my forum (vB 4.0.3). In the .pdf it shows that the author has changed the titleimage stylevar under what appears to be the "Standard" section... I don't have a standard section in my stylevars for the default style. The sections that I do have are as follows: Album, Blocks, Blog, Calander, Comments, Common, Diff/Merge, Editor, Footer, Form, Forums, Header, ImagePaths, Links, Misc..., NavBar, PollBar, PopupMenus, Postbit, Private_Messages, Profile, Threadbit, UserCP, bbcode & vbcms.

I have searched thru the StyleVars and could only find a titleimage StyleVar under the ImagePaths section ???

I am a complete forum newbie, though I am technical in different languages and applications (COBOL , CICS, DB2, webMethods, etc.......)

What sections should I actually have in my style manager and how am I supposed to change the titleimage if it doesn't exist ?????

Cheers,
    David

Hi David,

There isn't a StyleVar for everything. So you might have to change the css by editing the css template. Here is a tutorial which I think you will find helpful.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...-using-Firebug

Comment

I believe the documentation was created back in an alpha stage for the stylevars (correct me if I'm wrong someone). The titleimage stylevar is indeed the one found under ImagePaths that you're after.
      The easy way to figure it out is make the change and see if it changes what you're after. If it doesn't, simply revert the stylevar. Over time you'll come to learn them along with other methods such as using firebug in firefox which can help you find the stylevars you're after.
      sigpic

Comment

If you look under the official documentation, it now contains a stylevar section.

Comment

Thanks Guys,

This is all really good stuff that I'll need some time to take in.

Anthony,
          Would I find the official documentation in the .ORG or .COM site ??? I am quite the newbie and am trying to come up to speed with this new paradigm.

I do appreciate everyone's help....

Thanks Lots.
          David

Comment

Hi,
            I've changed the titleimage stylevars on a completely new Style that I've called "Sandbox", but, it's not changing the header logo in the forum..... What else do I need to do to commit my changes to a Style and ensure that the forum is using that Style ???

Cheers,
            David

Comment

As long as it's mapped to the correct location e.g. "images/misc/logo/logo.png" in my case, it should work. Clear your temporary internet files perhaps if it hasn't updated.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/

Comment