Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to make sure my sit is secure

How to male sure my site is secure:

I've seen a few sites being hacked recently and it made me think about site security and the measures I have inplace such as renaming both admincp and modcp, putting .htaccess password protection on both admincp and modcp, keeping vb upto date and installing PL releases as soon as i see them..

Is there anything else that i need to make sure im doing??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Originally posted by cerberuz View Post
    I've seen a few sites being hacked recently and it made me think about site security and the measures I have inplace such as renaming both admincp and modcp, putting .htaccess password protection on both admincp and modcp, keeping vb upto date and installing PL releases as soon as i see them..

Is there anything else that i need to make sure im doing??

Any help would be greatly appreciated..
    Forum wise you have done pretty muchwhat needs to be done to keep your forum secure. You must also note that in a lot of cases the hack has occurred not through the vb but through the vulneberities found in the server. So in addition hopefully your host takes security serious as well.

Comment

Thanks Borbole, Just thought i'd better check as the measures we'd done were done when running vb3.8, just really wanted to check that nothing else needed to be done with vb4..

Comment

Thanks Borbole, Just thought i'd better check as the measures we'd done were done when running vb3.8, just really wanted to check that nothing else needed to be done with vb4..
        The most important thing, forum wise, is to keep your forum always up to dated with the latest version, which you seem to do.
        vBulletin in itself is one of the most secure forums out there so you have nothing to worry about.
        Last edited by borbole; Sat 1 May '10, 1:36pm.

Comment

just really wanted to check that nothing else needed to be done with vb4..
          Do not use too many hacks. They could make your site vulnerable.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X