Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to allow guests to comment on CMS articles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guests should be able to see the comments box for each article. When they go to post a comment, it should ask them to sign in or register. This is standard on every blog software on the internet, why not on vb????

Comment

*sigh*
      Looks like this still doesn't work at all.
      Directorforum - know-how für multimedia

Comment

I'm currently running VBulletin 4.1.1. and doesn't work for me either. When I post a test comment as a guest, it doesn't post.
        Last edited by bf777; Thu 27 Jan '11, 8:38am.

Comment

This really needs to be fixed if it hasn't already.
          Pleased Sheep Films - Independent Filmmakers
          Blackburn Web - an online community for Blackburn in Lancashire (thanks to Mark B for the tips)

Comment

It really does. It's imperative that members and guests be able to make posts on articles.

Is anyone working on this issue?

Comment

Is there a bug report? If not, no one is working on it.

Comment

Any news on this? I really can't find the option to give permissions for guest comments in articles. Thanks.
                Edit, just found out, granting permissions for forum post and thread creation is enabling article commenting too.
                Last edited by Ramsesx; Thu 14 Apr '11, 3:00am.

Comment

it sucks, and it doesn't work..

Comment

Originally posted by The Rocketeer View Post
                    it sucks, and it doesn't work..
                    Care to elaborate?

Guests have never really been give a whole lot of permission to do anything in vB, and even then they usally were required to do a few things.

Comment

Is there any progress on this?

I want to have it appear on the CMS the same way it appears in the forum. If a guest is viewing an article, there is a button to leave a comment, and then there are taken to the "You must be registered or logged in message screen" So far there is nothing and it looks as though you don't want comments on your blog or cms article.
                      Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment

Did anyone report a bug? If not, there is no progress.

Originally posted by Ramsesx View Post
                        Any news on this? I really can't find the option to give permissions for guest comments in articles. Thanks.
                        Edit, just found out, granting permissions for forum post and thread creation is enabling article commenting too.
                        Ramasesx seems to have find a workaround, did you try that?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                          Did anyone report a bug? If not, there is no progress.

Ramasesx seems to have find a workaround, did you try that?
                          I couldn't locate a specific bug issue for it so I created one here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-13491

Ramasesx workaround does not fix my issue, because I don't want unregistered users to be able to comment, but I want them to see the option and have that take them to the registration/log in screen like it does on a thread in the regular forum. As it is now, there is nothing there. Nothing that shows a person who is not registered for your site that they have the ability to comment if they just register. It just looks as though you don't want comments on your articles.
                          Vote for my suggestions here and here

Comment

That is an Improvement request then.

Comment

It would be simple enough to use a conditional in the template to get rid of the editor, show a button and link it to the registration page.
                              sigpic
                              Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports

Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

Comment

I would likely use notices for guests, personally. Or just edit the template.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X