Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

User 'about me' information and where it displays in threads....help please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rrudeboy
    replied
    explaining it like you did i now understand where you guys are coming from....

my motivation to respond the way i did is driven by the subpar support i've gotten since i purchased vBulletin (even when i did/do give all the information needed)

thanks guys.

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    Originally posted by rrudeboy View Post
    + i would think there's plenty of people who can/would help, but less positive replies like yours stops them from actually replying.. i think.
    I don't think there is... because your now talking about a custom style which none of us can see, access or know exactly what the designer has modified. We are now all in the same position as yourself, because your not talking about stock code, but modified, custom code. I actually don't think your response to Zack was warranted. You have provided zero information. I provided you the solution, you stated it worked in the default template, but not in your custom one. VB didn't issue you the custom template, and it seems your upset here when in fact its the designers problem off the template in question.

You have two variations in postbit, being postbit and postbit legacy. If the designer has removed something that calls the postbit template so that only the postbit legacy is being called, then again, not a vb issue nor can anyone actually help you without going into the specific style, which isn't supported by vb.

I believe you owe an apology if anything, for being quite unreasonable with your expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Chances are he custom coded the postbit by hand, changing it back would require a full recode, or adding their custom bits onto stock postbit

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    would be awesome, if he replied...

+ i would think there's plenty of people who can/would help, but less positive replies like yours stops them from actually replying.. i think.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Talk to the author of the custom style.

Leave a comment:

• rrudeboy
    replied
    this works in my default style, but when i switch to a custom style it's back to the horizontal

Leave a comment:

• anthonyparsons
    replied
    ACP > Settings > Options > Style & Language Settings > Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit Template

Change it to NO.

This is based on if you are talking about how the posts are displayed here, with the avatar and about in a left column.

Leave a comment:

• User 'about me' information and where it displays in threads....help please.

By default the users about me info is displayed below avatars in threads. How do I get the it to display just to the right of the avatar?

We want to do this to shorten the height of posts.

Thank you!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X