No announcement yet.

Image Attachments Do Not Show Up Inline in Post Editing/Creating Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Image Attachments Do Not Show Up Inline in Post Editing/Creating Box

Basically when creating or editing a new post in the CMS or forum, and attaching an image using the Insert Image button, the inserted image shows up as [ATTACH]XX[/ATTACH] rather than showing up inline in the post-edit box.

The funny thing is that IMG tagged images can show up inline in the post edit box, but image attachments cannot.

Does anyone know if there's a way to make image attachments show up inline even in the post editing screen?

We are looking to move towards attached images, but there seems to be so many issues with image attachments.

Can anyone help on this?

Comment

No one knows the answer to this?

Comment

I have the same problem. I suspect a permissions issue but have not been able to chase it down.

Comment

I don't believe there is a way to edit attached images inline while editing posts.

The best method for this is using the [img] tags.
          To be updated...

Comment

Isn't the idea of improving the way image attachments are handled (they can now be put in a post in between text rather than all at the end) a signal that this is the way to go in the future? If so, then why cripple that functionality by refusing to display the images inline?

Comment

No one can help on this? Is it a bug in vbulletin?

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Lo View Post
                Basically when creating or editing a new post in the CMS or forum, and attaching an image using the Insert Image button, the inserted image shows up as [ATTACH]XX[/ATTACH] rather than showing up inline in the post-edit box.
                I consider this a good thing. Editing a post with the full size image is very difficult and almost impossible if the image is very large.

Comment

If that's the case, why have different treatment for IMG tags and/or image attachments? And shouldn't it therefore be a configurable value?

It may be easier to edit a post if you only have one image; but when you attach 10 images at once it can be very difficult to put image captions because you don't know which attachment is which image.

Comment