Search Form on Non-VBulletin Page How-To

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Search Form on Non-VBulletin Page How-To

It works great for guests, but what is the code to get it to work if you're logged in (and/or not logged in)? It appears to be an issue with the securitytoken, receiving this message if logged in: Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

CODE WORKS GREAT, EXCEPT IF LOGGED IN:
    ===========
    <form action="/forums/search.php?do=process" method="post">
    <div>
    <input type="hidden" name="do" value="process" />
    <input type="hidden" name="quicksearch" value="1" />
    <input type="hidden" name="childforums" value="1" />
    <input type="hidden" name="exactname" value="1" />
    <input type="hidden" name="s" value="" />
    <input type="text" id="query" name="query" tabindex="1001" class="text" />
    <input type="submit" class="button" tabindex="1004" value="Search Forums" class="searchbut" />
    <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="guest" />
    <input type="hidden" name="showposts" value="1" id="rb_nb_sp0" tabindex="1002" />
    </div>
    </form>

======
    Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

This really should be posted over on vbulletin.org, the modification site.

But, have you looked at the search form in the navbar? It uses this for the securitytoken:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="hidden" name="securitytoken" value="{vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}" />

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools &lt;- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Your suggestions would be great if the code was on a vbulletin page/template. I'm simply trying to provide a search on another page. I'm surprised this is a big deal... Could I just leave security token empty or provide a tiny PHP check for the cookie or something...? I'll try to post findings if anyone responds. I suppose I will post the same thing at .org as you suggest.

Comment

Originally posted by Brettc View Post
        Your suggestions would be great if the code was on a vbulletin page/template. I'm simply trying to provide a search on another page. I'm surprised this is a big deal... Could I just leave security token empty or provide a tiny PHP check for the cookie or something...? I'll try to post findings if anyone responds. I suppose I will post the same thing at .org as you suggest.
        it's on the same domain I presume. Use this as the start point:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228112

All you really need is to include the right files. You don't need to make a template at all.

Comment

Yes, good assumption. It is on the same domain... Thank you very much. I'm very close I'm sure...

After including global, I'm still trying to echo or output one of these:
          $vbulletin->userinfo['securitytoken']
          $bbuserinfo[securitytoken]

I'll try to post or link results here and also on .ORG
          http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...03#post2027803

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X