No announcement yet.

why cant a new user see my home page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] why cant a new user see my home page?

Does anyone know why (running in xampp) when a new user is created, he can view forum and blogs, but not the home page? the new users are restricted from viewing the home page. I am going to assume this is a bug because it would be utterly ridiculous to have as default setting to not allow a new user to see your home page what with websites purpose being to display content to users!

when i log in as a user, it says:

vBulletin Message

user, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Log Out Home

You should give them permissions to view the cms.

Comment

Is it published, is Show on Section Nav Set to yes? Can the users view the CMS via their permissions?

Comment

Make sure the section and content are published, and if it's still hidden read thishttp://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...splay-Settings
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Thing is it was fine before I upgraded to 0.3 I've been away for a while.

Yes permisions in cms show all but banned members can see 'home' which is the default it's all published articles and sections I'm confused to why it doesn't display to a newly created user.

Comment

Please read the document. You probably have the "display on section widget" turned off.
            Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

TY

Hey, thanks it was switched to off, not sure why because I certainly didnt turn it off. either way I would never have guessed it was that, it doesnt have the most userfriendly name!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X