How do you back up your databse in v4.0.2pl4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How do you back up your databse in v4.0.2pl4

The ever so helpful manual says "To perform a backup of your database, you can go to Maintenance > Database Backup." which is where it was in version 3. But it is not there in version 4.

I would imagine that such an import facet of the forum usage as backup should have a big red obvious button. But I guess that is just me.

Any help would be appreciated, as i suspect my monitor is getting sick of being screamed at.

Oh & I am only trying to update as now a selection of my members are able to sign up but not login as they get password errors. Which is just great after I blew $900 on promotions to get folk to the site.

Originally posted by reichadler View Post
    But it is not there in version 4.
    Because it does not exist in vB4.
    Look for phpmyadmin in your cpanel,you can make a backup with that.

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

That was a very usefull tool. Why have they removed it?
      _Anubis

Comment

This is right at the top of the page in the manual:
        Warning:
        Due to limitations with PHP, backups may not be complete on larger databases. Please ensure that the final line of your backup contains:
        See this page in the manual for other backup options - Backing-up your MySQL Database Manually

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X