Users Awaiting Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Users Awaiting Moderation

I use email verification to activate an account on my site. I have a handful of "Users Awaiting Moderation ". I assume that they are there because they either did not receive the email or did not click on the link for some other reason. Is Users Awaiting Moderation where users go until they complete the registration process?

TNX

I think so.

I am also interested to find out, how you could remove all members in "Users Awaiting for Moderation' folder, who has been there for months and never came back to activate their accounts?
    sigpic

Comment

Can someone verify??

Tnx

Comment

If you have Require Email Confirmation on, then they first go to the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup. Then, once they confirm that, if you have enabled moderation of new registrations, then they go to the Users Awaiting Moderation usergroup. Then, once you approve them, they go to the Registered Users usergroup.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          If you have Require Email Confirmation on, then they first go to the Users Awaiting Email Confirmation usergroup. Then, once they confirm that, if you have enabled moderation of new registrations, then they go to the Users Awaiting Moderation usergroup. Then, once you approve them, they go to the Registered Users usergroup.
          This answer has cleared-up my question. However, why can we only delete 'Users Awaiting Email Confirmation' individually? Why don't we have the option to 'Select All' or select any number of Users to delete in one go? Another annoying thing is that after deleting a User you are sent back to the 'Search for Users' page. This wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have to delete Users one at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by plutonash View Post
            This answer has cleared-up my question. However, why can we only delete 'Users Awaiting Email Confirmation' individually? Why don't we have the option to 'Select All' or select any number of Users to delete in one go? Another annoying thing is that after deleting a User you are sent back to the 'Search for Users' page. This wouldn't be a problem if we didn't have to delete Users one at a time.
            Yu can delete all those users with a sql query. Let me know if you want to do that and I will post the query here.

Comment

You can delete them all by just going to Users > Prune/Move Users also.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                You can delete them all by just going to Users > Prune/Move Users also.
                Indeed. That would be much easier too. Totally forgot about that option.

Comment

Ok my forum has 3 admins, is it possible to see who approved a user that was in the user moderation queue? This would help me out greatly.

Comment

You can look in your logs - admin cp > statistics and logs. I think it would be in the Control Panel Log, not the Moderator Log, since and admin would approve them through the control panel.

Comment

Originally posted by funkejj View Post
                      Ok my forum has 3 admins, is it possible to see who approved a user that was in the user moderation queue? This would help me out greatly.
                      You can check that out at the Statistics & Logs in your acp I believe.

Comment

On 4/30/2010, Borble wrote:
                        >> Yu can delete all those users with a sql query. Let me know if you want to do that and I will post the query here.

Can someone post that here ?
                        I know that rows need to be deleted from the following tables: user, userfield
                        But there may be other(s), and I don't want orphan records.

Can you help ?
                        Cheers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X