Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Restrict Designers in Admin (Style Manager) to just one skin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How to Restrict Designers in Admin (Style Manager) to just one skin?

Hello,

I am wondering how it is possible to restrict an admin account not just to StyleManager (which I can do through "Can Administer Styles" setting), but to only being allowed to work with one particular style.

Here is the situation:

We have a designer we are considering hiring, we want to give him a test project. We want him to make us a skin, based on our current one, but not to affect the existing website. I suppose I could completely copy the database and code to a new folder and subdomain (though that may interfere with the VB license?), but I think it would be much easier to just give him access to the current admin.

The thing is, I don't want him to have any ability, by accident or purpose, to touch our current skins.

Is this possible without me having to hardcode hacks into the admin code myself ?

No thoughts? I'm sure some of you must hire designers who you don't want to grant access to all your skins to, no?

Or should we have to buy him a license and setup VB on his end for him to develop on then export/import to ours once done ?

Comment

Sorry, there is no function to do this. This requires modifying the code.

You can certainly setup a test site for them though. Under the terms of the License Agreement, you can have a test installation provided it's not publically available. For more information on setting up a test site, see the link in my signature regarding this.

That said, I'd have thought that any vB skin designer will have their own copy...
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - Highlight the correct navigation tab when you are on a custom page
      - "Quick Route" Interface...
      - Allow to use custom icons for individual forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X