Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4.0.3 Avatars are oversized......please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] 4.0.3 Avatars are oversized......please help.

Our avatars are to big. I have messed with the height and width in the avatar stylevar and it doesn't seem to change anything.

Thanks!

I could really use some help with this issue.....please....anyone?

Comment

Did you limit the size in the usergroup manager for each usergroup?

A link to a showthread page on your site to see the issue would help.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yes, I've changed the sizes and nothing changes. Here's the link

http://theriderlounge.com/mx/forum/s...rage&p=9#post9

Thank you Lynn...you have been a lot of help lately!

Comment

Did you update the counters?

Comment

I checked the user group settIngs and they are all set to 80px. Then I updated counters and updated almost everything in there including avatars, threads and posts. My avatars still apear to be to big.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

You have max-width set to 180px. The css template shows an interesting formula for calculating that width, but the main thing is stylevar postbitlegacy_userinfo_width What do you have that set to?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

one last try from me, have cleared your cache... not the cms cache, your browser cache... i had the same problem with my thumbails, it turned out that the browser was still cachin the old dimension

Comment

That was set to 200px I just changed it to 175px. But that still doesnt really fix the problem, although it did re-size the avatar down the side bar is now smaller, I wouldn't mind the sidebar staying its normal size just limiting the height of the avatar.

Comment

could there possibly be a way to create a CSS attribute just for the avatars to specify a max-height? I have never tried that before so I dont know if that will give the same effect as just specifying a height in the HTML.

Example:
                    photo 1 is 100x100 and my height is specified as 150px. I don't want photo 1 to be stretched to fit that 150px height but if photo 2 has a 300px height it will scale that photo down to the 150px height limit.

Comment

Does not help
                      Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails
                      Rebuild Avatar Thumbnails
                      I had the same problem and so I decided it
                      born to fish forced to work

Comment

I do that every time I try to make some sort of chance, doesn't work. My avatars are still to large. So there is no way I can add a max-height?

Comment

never mind, I was able to find the css attribute in the for the avatars and changed it to the size I want.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X