Go directly to newest post on forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Go directly to newest post on forum

On the FP there is a widget which contains the last forum post. Each post includes a button which on a mouse over gives the text “go to last post”. After I click on it, I get directed to the thread, but not to the last post. Each time I get presented with the first post.

The same happens on viewing the new post on the forum, there is no way to go directly to the last post. So it takes a few extra clicks to get you where you want to be.

It isn't a big issue, but it would be nice if it can be resolved. Anybody got any ideas?
    Last edited by osluis; Thu 22 Apr '10, 12:26pm.

Small update: I don't know where I screwed up, but on the forum the direct link is working OK, but in the widget on the FP the problem still exists.

The link generated on the FP is: http://www.mywebsite/showthread.php?...post1272315160 (takes me to first post in stead of the post I want)
    While the link generated on the forum is: http://www.mywebsite.nl/showthread.p...ull=1#post3358 (working link)

Comment

No one else with this problem or a sollution?

Comment

I have exactly the same issue.

Anyone any ideas on how to fix?

Thanks!

Comment

How about a bit more information on the widget? What type of widget is it and how is it configured?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
            How about a bit more information on the widget? What type of widget is it and how is it configured?
            Lynne,

It is the "Recent Posts" Widget.
            Default configuration.

Tnx.
            rinnus

Comment

http://www.o-spot.nl/

See the recent post widget. Also smilies aren't renderd in the recent post widget but are shown as :mrgreen:
              Last edited by osluis; Tue 22 Jun '10, 4:33am.

Comment

This should be resolved in 4.0.4 according to this bug here: http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-1457
                Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne, I'm installing the update now.

Comment

Well 4.0.4 take care of that one, but now the "Recent Forum Posts" widget isn't updated any more

I see that I'm not the only one with the new problem, but I must say I'm not amused because the new bug is even more annoying than the first one.
                    Last edited by osluis; Tue 22 Jun '10, 7:37am.

Comment

Those of you who have a widgets called Recent Forum Posts... if it is type General Search, you should create a new one of type Recent Posts and use that one instead. There are two bugs with that widget, but I've posted fixes for them in the bug reports - Recent Posts Widget doesn't link to thread if there is no posttitle and Recent Posts Widget and Recent Threads Widget don't show avatar

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

I didn't have any problems with the avatar, and indeed replaceing the General search replaced with recent posts solved the update issue, but then the problem arrose that the thread title wasn't shown.

Your post solved this problem for me. Tnx a lot!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X