So what's wrong with 4.0.3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] So what's wrong with 4.0.3?

I'm thinking of updating...but I've not read a single post/review that favors the latest patch. They all say how horrible it is...things aren't working, or it's "going in the wrong direction".

Before I actually upgrade (or don't), can someone explain what is wrong with it exactly? It doesn't seem like many people are upgrading to it for some reason.

Well, the old saying goes, if something good happens, 2 out of 10 people say that.
    But if something bad happens, 20 out of 10 people say that.

So I will start it off with this,...

I updated to 4.0.3 and have no regrets.

Yes, there may be some bugs still, but it is a far cry from 4.0.0 and gets better everytime.

( sorry, I have nothing wrong to say about 4.0.3, and no reason for me to say not to upgrade. And there is your single post )
    Last edited by smirkley; Wed 21st Apr '10, 4:29pm.

Comment

1st one. cool. Hope it is the case. I prefer to upgrade, just skerred from all the feedback (being negative).

Comment

Version 4.0.3 has a major problem where users that use the standard editor are not able to post a message longer than a few paragraphs. Here is the bug report.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=37395

Comment

for me its just slow slow slow even after applying all the tweeks not happy but it does have some other nice features

Comment

Haven't had any problems here myself. Upgraded from 4.0 PL1, few stylevar changes but to be honest, thought I was going to have a lot more work on my hands and I didn't. Fixed a few things for me and I'm sure more that I haven't even realised yet. Thumbs up as well.
            sigpic

Comment

I think it depends on your use....we have had nothing but problems since the upgrade to 4.0.3. The CMS has new behaviors, (haven't seen any good yet) mods and plugins are problematic and most require code modifications. I'd suggest staying put until 4.0.4 is released.....Hopefully today!...LOL

Comment

4.0.3 CMS is spastic. The advertised cms widgets that sold me on the the complete vB package do not work. Way too many variables to set for posting an article.

The forum changes from 3.72 to 4.03 were somewhat welcomed by my community but CMS is MILES away from being usable right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Azonaco View Post
                  4.0.3 CMS is spastic. The advertised cms widgets that sold me on the the complete vB package do not work. Way too many variables to set for posting an article.

The forum changes from 3.72 to 4.03 were somewhat welcomed by my community but CMS is MILES away from being usable right now.
                  Unfortunately, I have to agree with you right now. I hope a fix gets released yesterday.

Comment

If I could do it all over again, there is NO way I'd have upgraded already. I would wait until at least 4.0.4, which is where all the Internet Explorer issues are supposed to be fixed in. I just wish they'd hurry up and release it (even a mini-release!) since I'm getting complaints DAILY from my Internet Explorer users. I've lost a lot of members because of this new software. I really have. I think once they get all the IE problems fixed, it'll be good to upgrade then.

Comment

Upgrades always seem to have some form of a problem. I find it interesting though, that vbulletin.com is on 4.03 and I don't see any problems. I upgraded from 4.0PL1 to 4.03 on my test server and found 99% of the problems fixed. However, I have a couple template mods that need to be reverted to default until I work through the bugs. I stayed away from the other upgrades in between due to the feedback on this forum. It appears that 4.03 has had a lot less issues than the previous 4.x updates. I hope to upgrade production within 10-days unless 4.04 is announced... I'll then hold off.
                      WestCoastGearHeads.com vb 4.1.10

Comment

Just like upgrading any software it takes time to customize it. Once you do it is actually a really powerful CMS.

I like that it's supported officially by vBulletin and I don't have to worry about developers stopping support on a CMS bridge.
                        vBulletin Rules!

Comment

Originally posted by kontagio.us View Post
                          I like that it's supported officially by vBulletin and I don't have to worry about developers stopping support on a CMS bridge.
                          Yes,it is a good feeling that it is going to be supported as long as...errr...
                          ...hopefully it is not going to follow PT and the Blog...

vB5 is unequivocally the best forum software, but not yet...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X