No announcement yet.

vBulletin too late - Facebook Connect will cease to exist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We will be much quicker adapting the new facebook integration. Michael (the gentleman that developed the current connect plugin) was at the Facebook conference where this was announced.
    We were slow to adopt the Connect feature initially, as we were very cautious about whether integration with other social media mediums would provide any benefit, and to be honest whether our customers would be receptive.
    (It definately doesn't feel natural adding a login system that integrates with a competing website ). After spending about 8months testing it on our forums, we discovered it is a great benefit.
    It was intentionally a conservative, cautious approach.
    Adrian

Comment

And currently the facebook connect is creating havoc with my site...

Nice really, seems they've shut down the facebook connect, and now I can't even login to my adminCP to switch the thing off...

Edit: with them shutting down the developer network I was on for a shortwhile, it screwed with my settings. There needs to be a fail safe so admins can still login if facebook is offline.
      Last edited by quasar; Fri 23rd Apr '10, 3:17pm.

Comment

Originally posted by quasar View Post
        And currently the facebook connect is creating havoc with my site...

Nice really, seems they've shut down the facebook connect, and now I can't even login to my adminCP to switch the thing off...

Edit: with them shutting down the developer network I was on for a shortwhile, it screwed with my settings. There needs to be a fail safe so admins can still login if facebook is offline.
        I'm not sure what went wrong that you can not login as admin but when i was testing Fconnect, the test account I created and used to sign up in the forums, was unable to login to the forums after facebook connect was disabled.

Comment

So basically why should we even use fb connect with vb?

Comment

I made a new blog post here about Facebook integration

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...-F8-conference
            Adrian

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X