Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[CMS] How to move Sections and Category back to the Front Page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] [CMS] How to move Sections and Category back to the Front Page?

Hi.
    After upgrade I have got a problems with one of my forums.

The Sections and Category are gone from the Front Page and I want to move it back to the front page for Forums CMS?

(LEFT SITE of the Front Page.)

I have problems with moving it back to the CMS Front Page.

Just like vBulletin Forums CMS Front Page.

Can some one please give me some advice and help so I can move it back to the Front Page?

Thanks in Advance.

All the Best from Sebaldus
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sebaldus; Tue 20 Apr '10, 11:56pm.
    Mvh
    *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.*Sebaldus*™´¨)

Are you on Twitter? @sebaldus

Login to your Admin CP > Click on vBulletin CMS > Layout Manager > Choose the grid that you have for your homepage/Front Page > click edit > drag and drop your section widget to where you'd like it to show based on the layout. Click Save.

Go to the Front Page of your site (or the section you want to apply the layout), click on the little Pencil Icon to edit the page, (if its the homepage it might take a little longer to load), and choose the layout you want to apply. Click apply/save & you should be all set.

Voila :-)

Comment

Thanks, Budget101.
      Great and help..
      Easy understanding..
      Best Regards from Sebaldus
      Mvh
      *´¨)
      ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
      (¸.•´ (¸.*Sebaldus*™´¨)

Comment

You're quite welcome :-)

Comment

Originally posted by sebaldus View Post
          Thanks, Budget101.
          Great and help..
          Easy understanding..
          Best Regards from Sebaldus
          It was an easy explain how to fix it, but not so easy to change it as I thought.

I have two forums running. One are total fine, but the others are messed up little.

Have try to change all CMS settings after the forums who work perfectly.

Without any luck...

Can see that (All Sections) are missing in the " All Sections manager" - All Content in Section:

If there are someone who have time to take a look at this for me, I will of cause pay for little help and sending you Admin Login info - If you sending me an PM.

Thanks from Sebaldus
          Mvh
          *´¨)
          ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
          (¸.•´ (¸.*Sebaldus*™´¨)

Comment

Have to thank Budget101 for helping me fix this issue as I had problems with.

Thanks a lot my friend.

Also will add what changes who had to be done:
            Originally posted by budget101
            Ok, I logged into the admin panel, clicked on

CMS> Grid> added a New Homepage Sebaldus Design (so none of your existing files were changed at all, in case I misunderstood what changes you want!).

Then:

CMS> Layout Manager> Sebaldus HOME PAGE (the name of the new one I created)> Define Layout > Sebaldus New Home Page Design added the content layout of your existing homepage + the section widget, like you wanted.

**The reason it didn't work for you is somehow the 2 column + sidebar attributes were changed. I had to create a new grid completely to get it to show them.

Then, I went on the homepage of your site:

http://www.sebaldus.no/

and clicked on the pencil to edit the Homepage (which is located beside the Title: Sebaldus Design CMS ).

Then, in the "Section" Information spot it lists the following:

Name:
            Seo URL Alias:
            LAYOUT:

http://www.budget101.com/sebaldus/sectioninfo.PNG

I changed the LAYOUT to **Sebaldus HOME PG** (which is the Home Page Layout I created for you). Then Click Save.

Now, your home page is showing that Layout Design. I also added the "Categories" widget underneath sections. I couldn't remember if that was what you wanted or not.

If it's not, you can change it by doing the following:

Go to : AdminCP> vbulletin CMS > Layout Manager > **Sebaldus HOME PG** > click EDIT > then add/remove whatever you like from the columns.

In regards to your "HOME Button" Question...

Your Home Button is Always available in you Navbar. You can change which Sections appear in your Navbar when you are editing any section page.

http://www.budget101.com/sebaldus/sectioninfo2.pnghttp://www.budget101.com/sebaldus/sectioninfo2.PNG

For example: If you click on the edit pencil while on your Home page and then scroll down in the edit are to "section info" whatever boxes you check are what will show on the display in the navbar. Your homepage (Sebaldus Design CMS) box must be checked for it to display on every section.

I ADDED WHAT CHANGES WHO WAS MADE, IF THERE ARE OTHERS WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS:

Thanks again, Budget101.
            Wish you all the Best.

best Regards from Sebaldus
            Mvh
            *´¨)
            ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
            (¸.•´ (¸.*Sebaldus*™´¨)

Comment

You're welcome, glad it's working for you now. :-)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X