• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Attachment order randomized since upgrade to 4.0.3

Hey all

I was reading this thread which suggested the issue had been sorted:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...reversed-order

Since updating my forums to 4.0.3 my users are saying that the attachments are being posted in a different order to the order they are being updated.

Anyone else seeing this?

Cheers
    Getting Down under | Download2me | Newsgab | Careercraft | Newmomsforum | Freeware Downloads

I am having the same problem with 4.1.3

In version 3.8.x attachments where shown in the order they were listed in the Attachment Manager. Now even without using the new file selector, the attachments seem to be listed in the order the upload finished, and since many threads are used for the file transfer, this is virtually random.

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Can attachments be sorted by name, time stamp or upload sequence rather than manually?

Can I disable the multiple tread "feature" of the attachment manager?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Bandolero View Post
      I am having the same problem with 4.1.3

In version 3.8.x attachments where shown in the order they were listed in the Attachment Manager. Now even without using the new file selector, the attachments seem to be listed in the order the upload finished, and since many threads are used for the file transfer, this is virtually random.

Did I miss a setting somewhere?

Can attachments be sorted by name, time stamp or upload sequence rather than manually?

Can I disable the multiple tread "feature" of the attachment manager?

Thanks
      Well it seems that nothing has been fixed from 4.0.3 to 4.1.8 as they still get sorted randomly. I have gone as far as posting the first image and then submitting the post and the one image is definitely first, where it should be. I then edit the post and insert the second image I want then save. Guess where the second attachment shows up. First place exactly where I did not want it.

This is beyond ridiculous.

Comment

I agree, this is very bad. I also found out that when you edit out an attachment of a post, the remaining attachments get randomized again, making it extra difficult to find the next attachment to edit out. Please fix this.

Comment

Plus one.

Is there a setting we missed somewhere? It's such a pain to sort items by hand.

Comment

Unfortunately this is the way it works. When you upload multiple attachments, they won't be necessarily uploaded in the order they are listed. Insert your attachments inline if they need to be in a specific order.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

What a shame. Dealing with Facebook and Google Plus savvy users, the handling of pictures in vBulletin makes us look archaic and soon I fear irrelevant.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X