URGENT Moving the CMS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] URGENT Moving the CMS

Is there any way i can move the CMS from one vbulletin to the other? is there an impex add on that does this?

Please help

Thanks

Rob

Originally posted by rob aiken View Post
    Is there any way i can move the CMS from one vbulletin to the other? is there an impex add on that does this?

Please help

Thanks

Rob
    Yes, you can import its db tables at the db of the other vb forum. You can do so with phpmyadmin if the size of your cms tables are not very large. If they are then you can import them through bigdump.php, mysqldumper or SSH, if your host has it enabled that is.

Comment

I've done this a number of times. It's tricky if you want to merge articles because of conflicting database ids, but if you want to move the contents it's pretty easy. You want to back up all the tables labelled cms_ on the one database and restore on the new. Clear the cache after moving of course.

With a few caveats: I have sometimes had problems with the grid and layout table. Personally I would suggest setting all sections to use grid #1, then leaving out the cms_grid, and cms_layout, and cms_layout_widget on the import. The other issue is attachments. Depending on how you've done images they will likely break unless you move the attachmentXXX and filedata tables. You can move those but they'll overwrite any existing attachments. You may have to re-enter cms images. As I say, that's where the problems are likely to be.
      Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X