Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Silly question...but...how do I "comment out" code?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Silly question...but...how do I "comment out" code?

I want to remove a code (in this case the code for FAQs in the navbar) but I don't want to remove the code completely from the template. I know you can "comment out" a piece of code, without actually removing it entirely. How do I do that though?

Thank you!

Originally posted by Pamela View Post
    I want to remove a code (in this case the code for FAQs in the navbar) but I don't want to remove the code completely from the template. I know you can "comment out" a piece of code, without actually removing it entirely. How do I do that though?

Thank you!

At the navbar template find the following code:

HTML Code:
    <li><a rel="help" href="faq.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}" accesskey="5">{vb:rawphrase faq}</a></li>
    and replace it with:

HTML Code:
    <!--
    <li><a rel="help" href="faq.php{vb:raw session.sessionurl_q}" accesskey="5">{vb:rawphrase faq}</a></li>
    -->
    You can comment code in html with :

Code:
    <!-- text that you want to comment -->
    Hope it helps.

Comment

Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pamela View Post
        Thank you so much!!!
        You are most welcome. Glad to have been of help

Comment

If you mean in the template, the above works. If you have a heavily traffic site, better to use <vb:comment > ... </vb:comment>. The methods above actually render the code and send it to the browser, but the browser doesn't render it. Using <vb:comment> tells the vBulletin rendering engine to ignore the section, which reduces cpu load and data traffic a little. Your call as to whether the savings are worth the effort.
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

I've also noticed that sometimes Internet Explorer will have problems with <!-- ... -->. In those rare situations use the <vb:comment > ... </vb:comment> instead.

Comment

I agree. In that case <vb:comment > ... </vb:comment> is better used instead.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X