No Adsense showing after fresh install of 4.03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] No Adsense showing after fresh install of 4.03

I've never had an issue with my vbulletin installs. Everything seems to work fine... but I have just installed www.cmkxforum.com and no Google Adsense ads are displaying.

I have them on and my publisher number is showing correctly. Running totally default theme with no customizations.

Anyone advise?

Anyone? Anyone?

Comment

Same problem here. Looking forward to a solution.

Comment

Ha! Finally one I can tell someone how to fix. Go to your ads and just walk through the steps you used to create it then save do not make any changes, just walk through the steps and save. Appraently walking through the steps tells the new version it is there and should be showing...

Comment

Thanks for the reply x626.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'walk through the steps...'. Is that in the AdminCP of my forum - or on my account on the vBulletin site?

Many thanks

Comment

I had the same problem.

Basically I just reviewed the individual ad settings and saved them again, and they started working again.

A couple I had to delete and remake though.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Smirkley.

When you say you reviewed the ad settings - was that in your forum's Admin CP? I tried changing from Low to High etc but with no effect.

Comment

Originally posted by CWNDesign View Post
                When you say you reviewed the ad settings - was that in your forum's Admin CP?
                Yes.

I tried changing from Low to High etc but with no effect.
                Same here, which is why I had to delete and remake some of them.

Comment

You know, it just occured to me that you did a FRESH install, not an UPGRADE?

My problem was with the upgrade.

But if yours was a fresh install, it may just be that Google hasnt got you ads yet served to you.

(my bad if you did a fresh install, and me not reading the title properly of the thread)

Comment

Smirkley

Sorry to keep asking, I'm new to this. How do you delete the ads?

I tried switching to No Google Adsense Ads, then switching back on again, but with no effect.

Is there some other place I should delete them?

Many thanks

Comment

Mine was an upgrade (from 4.0.2) too.

Comment

I looked at your site and saw the ad box appear with no ad, in the header, and then looked at your source code, and the google script is there.

Is this a brand new Google Adsense account you are using?

If so, it takes awhile on the initial use for the ads to start serving to your page.

But looking at the header, everything on your end seems right.

Comment

For anyone with this problem I have posted a bug report : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=37663

I have not had any luck with Support on this issue. They just keep saying it a problem with my Google Adsense Account. This is clearly not the case as I have two 3.8.5 forums running off the same Adsense Account and displaying the ads fine. I have two 4.0.3 upgrades that are not displaying the ads.

Disassociating / Reassociating the Adsense account etc has not helped.

Comment

Same issue on http://vb4style.com today i added a new advert.. then decided i didn't like the look of it so i deleted it and my old set of ads came back... strange but it worked. maybe try that.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by CWNDesign View Post
                              For anyone with this problem I have posted a bug report : http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=37663

I have not had any luck with Support on this issue. They just keep saying it a problem with my Google Adsense Account. This is clearly not the case as I have two 3.8.5 forums running off the same Adsense Account and displaying the ads fine. I have two 4.0.3 upgrades that are not displaying the ads.

Disassociating / Reassociating the Adsense account etc has not helped.
                              I followed up with a post in the bug listed in the quote.

Comment

Working...
                              X