Facebook Icon Stopped Displaying / Showing in Navbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Facebook Icon Stopped Displaying / Showing in Navbar

After upgrading to 4.0.3 suite and enabling the Facebook connect option, the Facebook icon and login worked fine for several days. Now its inexplicably disappeared.

I've tried without success:

• re-enabling steps for Facebook connect
    • turning on/off the option
    • reverting to the default vb style

None of the above have helped.

Has anyone else encountered this situation?

Any suggestions?

Thanks. -- Rik
    Last edited by Rik Brown; Wed 14 Apr '10, 8:55am.

I've got the same situation, accept it started from the point of install, in other words, it never appeared.

I've upgraded my test site mycockpit.org/forumtest/

I too am open to suggestions.

Comment

As per vb4, this is why you dont keep adding features to broken software. Get the bugs right FIRST! This is why i didn't install fb plugin its like adding a feature yes but who knows how many others things it will screw up on your forums.

Comment

*bumb*

Still would like to get this resolved..... Should this be a ticket item?

Thanks,
        Matt Olieman
        MyCockpit.org

Comment

There HAS to be a SIMPLE explanation for this...... ANYBODY........ HELP?????? PLEASE??????

I can't update my live site until this is resolved

Comment

Create a new style with no parent:
            • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
            • Parent Style: No Parent Style
            • Title: Default vBulletin
            • Allow User Selection: Yes
            • Save

Then browse the site using "Default vBulletin" style. Do you still have the same problem?

If it is still happening - Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
            Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
            define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 

Comment

Originally posted by vB Style View Post
              Create a new style with no parent:
              • Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Add New Style
              • Parent Style: No Parent Style
              • Title: Default vBulletin
              • Allow User Selection: Yes
              • Save

Then browse the site using "Default vBulletin" style. Do you still have the same problem?

If it is still happening - Try disabling your modifications/plugins and see if you still have this problem.
              Note: To temporarily disable the plugin system, edit config.php and add this line right under <?php

PHP Code:
              define('DISABLE_HOOKS'true); 
              Thanks for your help

Hhhmmmm, scratching my head..... FB Icon appears in vB default style and HOOKS enabled. FB Icon DOES NOT appear in MyCockpit Style with DISABLE_HOOKS

So this is a template issue, what would I have to change if so?

Comment

We created a new default style. That didn't help. However, when I disabled plugins within config.php, the FB connect icon was back on all styles. I guess we'll next have to disable all plugins and then re-enable one-by-one until we find the culprit. -- Rik

UPDATE: We found what appears to be the culprit in our case. We were using a mod that compresses .css & .js files. We disabled that mod and the FB icon has been displaying properly now for over 24 hours. Unless it quits displaying, that is our solution. Otherwise, I'll update this thread.
                Last edited by Rik Brown; Wed 21 Apr '10, 11:59am. Reason: Update

Comment

Originally posted by Rik Brown View Post
                  We created a new default style. That didn't help. However, when I disabled plugins within config.php, the FB connect icon was back on all styles. I guess we'll next have to disable all plugins and then re-enable one-by-one until we find the culprit. -- Rik

UPDATE: We found what appears to be the culprit in our case. We were using a mod that compresses .css & .js files. We disabled that mod and the FB icon has been displaying properly now for over 24 hours. Unless it quits displaying, that is our solution. Otherwise, I'll update this thread.
                  Situation is no the same in my case. I "DISABLE_HOOKS" in the config and the FB ICON still did not appear. Something within the Template, I would presume?

Come on .... some of you brilliant coders must be able to help me on this. PLEASE

Comment

Same here, And as with Rik If I disable VB4 Supercharged the Facebook "f Connect" icon is back..

Comment