VB4 is extremely slow compared to VB3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThorstenA View Post
    With vbulletin debug modus, the series 4 displays around 0,60 seconds while series 3 had around 0,15-0,3 seconds. With only around 200 - 300 (400+ only at special peaks) users online I have an 8GB i7 quadcore server running only this forum with server optimization from eva2000.
    Which pages, or all pages?

Originally posted by Jaxel View Post
    Good point, but if I compare the forumhome on my live forum and my test forum, I still get a 6X difference in pageload times.

As well, you mentioned about the CMS having to rebuild it's cache... But the way I am seeing it, the CMS doesn't have a cache! I get tons of caching errors...

[snip]
    Plus I occasionally get this error on my CMS:
    Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in [path]/packages/vbcms/widget/recentcmscomments.php on line 319
    The templates not being cached are moderately small hit on the database queries, infact they're probably some of the most efficient queries that are run on that page. I am talking about the actual cached data, not the template cache (which only holds the raw code).

Can you post the page generation times of each page?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
      Which pages, or all pages?
      index.php forumdisplay.php showthread.php

Comment

Originally posted by ThorstenA View Post
        index.php forumdisplay.php showthread.php
        good one to make forumdisplay a bit faster

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...SQL-Subqueries...

Comment

Originally posted by punchbowl View Post
          good one to make forumdisplay a bit faster

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...SQL-Subqueries...
          Did you experience a speed boost from this query? They both were extremely fast on my site, around 0.0002 seconds or so. But maybe mysql cached some parts of the queries before I executed them. I may try them both out with MYSQL_NO_CACHE option once more. Currently I display the sidebar also on forumdisplay (that was not the case when measuring the speed) to display rectangle and skyscraper banners on forumdisplay.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X