Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Problems configuring "Recent Articles" widget

Is anyone else having this problem:

When configuring the "Recent Articles" Widget in the CMS, it seems that whatever I select in the Categories and Sections boxes is ignored. All articles (which meet the other criteria) are displayed.

I've tried clearing the cache but that doesn't help.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'm pulling my hair out in frustration!!!

Sorry. Looks like a template got slightly borked (it's a technical term). In vbcms_widget_recentarticle_config, change
    name="categories" to name="categories[]"
    and
    name="sections" to name="sections[]"

That should work. If not, please PM me.
    Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Sorry. Looks like a template got slightly borked (it's a technical term). In vbcms_widget_recentarticle_config, change
      name="categories" to name="categories[]"
      and
      name="sections" to name="sections[]"
      I tried the above changes in the vbcms_widget_recentarticle_config template and received a database error after clearing the cache. Once I reverted the template it was fine. Any fixes to get the recent articles widget to configure for a category/section?

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.3: Invalid SQL: SELECT article.pagetext, article.previewimage, article.imagewidth, article.imageheight, article.previewvideo, article.htmlstate, node.url, node.publishdate, node.userid, node.setpublish, node.publicpreview, info.title, user.username, node.showuser, node.nodeid, node.contenttypeid, thread.replycount FROM cms_article AS article INNER JOIN cms_node AS node ON (node.contentid = article.contentid AND node.contenttypeid = 18) INNER JOIN cms_nodeinfo AS info on info.nodeid = node.nodeid LEFT JOIN user AS user ON user.userid = node.userid LEFT JOIN thread AS thread ON thread.threadid = info.associatedthreadid WHERE node.setpublish > 0 AND (node.publishdate BETWEEN 1243259833 AND 1274795833) AND permissionsfrom IN (1) AND nc.categoryid IN () AND node.parentnode IN () ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT 6; MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND node.parentnode IN () ORDER BY node.publishdate DESC LIMIT 6' at line 9 Error Number : 1064

Comment

I'm afraid there is a bug, which is fixed in v404.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X