Upgrade to 4.03 and now have text size issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Upgrade to 4.03 and now have text size issues

We installed the patch to the 4.03 version which solved some of our issues but created some unexpected ones. Our banner placement for ads moved to the top of the forum from the location below the log in settings etc.. buttons. But most of all the text size reverted to the small default font system wide. Is there a way to increase the sizes for the text in our threads and postings on the forum to a larger size system wide?

What do you mean installed the patch? You do mean you upgraded to 4.0.3 right? http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/upgrade

Did you have a customization to make the font bigger before the upgrade?

Comment

Have the same problem, font size in posts seems to have got smaller, how do I change it?

image shows font size in a post compared to signature font size, would like post font to be same as signature....also have the same problem with Vbulletin default theme
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Ferrari27; Tue 20th Apr '10, 2:05am.

Comment

have tried changing the postbit_font and postbit_msg_font in stylevars and neither done anything

Comment

Ditto. We just upgraded to 4.0.3 tonight and the text size is now too small. Did the same thing as Ferrari27 up above, and it didn't do a thing. Tried various browsers. I'm aware that we can all increase and decrease text size with our browsers, but it's a pain. PLEASE help.

Comment

Edit the templates/css to increase the font size if you wish, the font size has not decreased at all with any release.

Comment

Thanks, but can you tell me where, specifically? I don't know why an upgrade should cause new problems like this. Folks on my board are not all seeing the same thing. Some are seeing small post text size; others are seeing large. Are there Mac issues versus PC versus different browsers? I can't tell you how frustrating this is.

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari27 View Post
                have tried changing the postbit_font and postbit_msg_font in stylevars and neither done anything
                Try putting this in your additional.css template and see if adjusting the font size from 13px to something larger is working for you. I asssume you are using postbit legacy.

.postbitlegacy .content {
                font: 13px Verdana
                }

Comment

Originally posted by Jo-Ann View Post
                  Thanks, but can you tell me where, specifically? I don't know why an upgrade should cause new problems like this. Folks on my board are not all seeing the same thing. Some are seeing small post text size; others are seeing large. Are there Mac issues versus PC versus different browsers? I can't tell you how frustrating this is.

Thanks for your help.
                  What settings do you have in the StyleVars postbit_msg_font ??

Comment

verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif
                    13 px

I tried increasing it last night and it helped a little on my browsers (chrome, safari, camino) but a few members on the board today said that their type was HUGE. :=(

Comment

P.S. Here is the board. The visitors' forum is open to the public.

http://www.thewritingbridge.org

What are you seeing?

Comment

subscribing to thread for updates.

Comment

verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif
                          13 px

I tried increasing it last night and it helped a little on my browsers (chrome, safari, camino) but a few members on the board today said that their type was HUGE. :=(
                          The settings you have are perfect. If any of your members complain the type is too small, tell them to use the browsers zoom feature CTRL-+.

Comment

Andy, I really appreciate your help, but I've never surfed the net and landed on a message board where I had to adjust the type. EVER. Isn't there some other code that can be changed? I've posted a poll at my site and it's split in thirds ... one third of the members are seeing the site just fine, another third are having problems, and another third are having problems based on the browser or computer they're using. We are a tiny group, yes, but we paid the same money as everyone else to have a professional-looking message board.

I'll wait to see if anyone can offer instructions on where within the CSS coding this problem might be fixed, i.e., how do I get to that CSS and what text needs to change. Zachery hinted that this might be possible, but I don't know where to go.

Thanks, all.

Comment

Andy, I really appreciate your help, but I've never surfed the net and landed on a message board where I had to adjust the type. EVER.
                              Here are my thoughts. The only reason your members are complaining is that there was a change. Once they get used it it they will be fine. Those that are now complaining about the type being too small are doing so because the previous version of vbulletin (vb3) used pt units which fooled Firefox and made the type a lot larger. In vb4 the px unit is used and all browsers render the type the same size, correctly. This has advantages so I suggest you keep using the px unit. Firefox users can simply zoom in once (Firefox remembers your zoom setting for each website) and the problem is solved.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X