How to make CMS my homepage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] How to make CMS my homepage?

My forums are on /forums/forum.php... Is it safe to simply move the files in FTP in order to make it appear on www.mysite.com/forum.php ?

Second question, is there a good tutorial on using the CMS anywhere?
    Last edited by Hagop; Tue 13 Apr '10, 6:43pm.
    http://www.audioneeds.com - an online community for musicians, audio engineers, producers, an audio geeks alike.

There are about a gazillion posts on this topic. There are several methods (including moving your forum to siteroot) - some work for some and not for others.

Editing index.php and putting it in the siteroot will give you the choice of CMS or Forum as your homepage, for example www.mysite.com(index.php) will bring up forum or cms as you desire, but some don't like the url structure (your internal urls still point to /forum/*.php, etc.)

You can also use mod rewrite and/or VBSEO. As for me, I'm living with the index.php in siteroot option (and using VBSEO) - as VB has said they will address the issue at some point in time. Why they focus on things like Facebook integration at this point is beyond me

Comment

Yes, there's a number of tutorials on here, do a search and read the blogs.

To make the CMS your homepage edit the index.php file.

Simply remove the // comments from one line
      Add them to the beginning of the other.

You will see what to do when you open it up.
      Regards
      Vince Gledhill
      Forum Administrator
      Microlight Forum

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X