Private Message Quick Reply QUOTE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Private Message Quick Reply QUOTE

Noticed that you cannot quick reply to a PM and quote the original message.

I'm sure this used to be there with 3.8.x. Is there a way to get this working for 4.0.x ?

Funny you should bring this up, I just noticed this myself. You can click "Reply with Quote" but under 3.8 the sender's message was already quoted! Would love to see this reenabled.

Comment

Agreed. Problem with 'Reply with Quote' is that it is no longer a quick reply

Comment

Is there any work around for re-enabling this? I personally always hit the reply to private message button which quotes the text, but 99% of users to not, which means there is not easy to follow trail of the conversation, not a good things for an administrator.

Comment

I want this back by default as well.

Comment

At forums.digitalpoint.com this feature is enabled. Did the hack it or what as I dont see it on my forum

Comment

I see this isn't fixed in 4.0.4 either. *sigh*

Comment

Did anyone find a fix for this? I am looking for the same thing.

Comment

Problem didn't solve
                  Drom.ru - Cars in Russia

Comment

Yeah I wish there was a solution to this too... it's pretty bogus.

Comment

Interestingly mine does...I hacked it in some way but can't remember quite what I did.

I don't think it was difficult, I'll try and work backwards and find out.
                      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
                      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Ok the only thing I can see different at first glance is this:

Template: pm_quickreply
                        Find code:
                        Code:
                        <textarea name="message" id="{vb:raw editorid}_textarea" rows="10" cols="80" tabindex="1" dir="{vb:stylevar textdirection}"></textarea>
                        Change to:
                        Code:
                        <textarea name="message" id="{vb:raw editorid}_textarea" rows="10" cols="80" tabindex="1" dir="{vb:stylevar textdirection}">{vb:raw newpost.message}</textarea>
                        Try that. I can't say for certain that that in itself is enough to do it, or whether there's a plugin involved as well, though I have had a quick search through my plugins and can't find one that it might be.

Comment

Just wondering if this issue will be fixed? Surely it can't be that hard ?

Comment

Originally posted by wynode View Post
                            Just wondering if this issue will be fixed? Surely it can't be that hard ?
                            If it's not in the Tracker then it will never change.

Changes are not implemented based on forum posts, that's just the way it is.

Comment

I haven't noticed a fix for this as yet, as per advice added to the tracker:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12129

EDIT: Note that the above template edit does seem to work, but it would be nice if that was put back into the stock release rather than having to edit/hack vB further.
                              Last edited by The_Hawk; Wed 18 May '11, 7:48pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X