Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hqarrse
    replied
    I know have this problem again since an upgrade to 4.0.5 even though I've checked through the templates concerned and they are as Lynne's post. Any ideas?

Leave a comment:

• Mary303
    replied
    I fixed it on my forum. :yayiconhere

Lynne's post #24 has the stuff. To easily align what goes with what, the working code is in the Edit Template > Controls box button View Original.

There is ANOTHER PLACE in the code that ALSO has to be edited. When you click on New Posts it actually moves you to the tab screen for What's New. You aren't under Forums tab any more. The "Mark Read" link there is not linked to the "Mark Read" in the Forums dropdown, it's a separate code. I found it near the end of the navbar code, where all the text links for What's New are.

That fixed it. I had only fixed the Mark Read under Forums, and there is the other one in What's New to fix as well.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Where is the exact link that is causing the issue? Mark Forums Read is in several places - are they all causing the issue or just one of them?

Leave a comment:

• Mary303
    replied
    Working on this as well. Have used the code suggested here in post #24, and have gone back to the original code (kindly stored in the template section) and copied that in. No joy yet.

I must do other things now, but when it won't disrupt the forum members I'll try a full revert and see what happens. That should show if the code is working in the default on my forum.

I have only customized Navbar, with an exact copy of functions like this. I have not customized FORUMDISPLAY or FORUMHOME. I checked both and the code appears to be in order re post #24.

Thanks Lynne for your help. I'm sure we'll figure out the solution in this thread, soon.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by doopz View Post
    I have the same problem after the upgrade.
    All templates are reverted.. why is this happening??
    How about a link to the site?

Leave a comment:

• doopz
    replied
    I have the same problem after the upgrade.
    All templates are reverted.. why is this happening??

Leave a comment:

• Biker
    replied
    Well, 36 hours ago, it was default. It's not any more! LOL

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If your link is causing problems on a totally default board (all modifications turned off), then you should put it in the bug tracker.

Leave a comment:

• Biker
    replied
    Here's the relevant section from forumdisplay.php

Code:
    // ############################### start mark forums read ###############################
    if ($_REQUEST['do'] == 'markread')
    {
    	// Prevent CSRF. See #32785
    	$vbulletin->input->clean_array_gpc('r', array(
    		'markreadhash' => TYPE_STR,
    	));

if (!verify_security_token($vbulletin->GPC['markreadhash'], $vbulletin->userinfo['securitytoken_raw']))
    	{
    		eval(standard_error(fetch_error('security_token_invalid', $vbulletin->options['contactuslink'])));
    	}

require_once(DIR . '/includes/functions_misc.php');
    	$mark_read_result = mark_forums_read($foruminfo['forumid']);

$vbulletin->url = $mark_read_result['url'];
    	eval(print_standard_redirect($mark_read_result['phrase']));
    }

Leave a comment:

• Biker
    replied
    Code:
    <li>
    								<a href="forumdisplay.php?do=markread&amp;markreadhash=1271351474-f69a38dc3f08c6c0a4d73696da068de7422cef90">Mark Forums Read</a>
    							</li>
    **scratching head**

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    It looks correct to me. What shows up in the page source?

Leave a comment:

• Biker
    replied
    My users are beginning to complain about this as well. Checked FORUMDISPLAY and it appears all is in order.

Code:
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=markread&amp;f={vb:raw foruminfo.forumid}&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}" rel="nofollow" onclick="return mark_forum_read({vb:raw foruminfo.forumid});">{vb:rawphrase mark_this_forum_read}</a>
    This only happens with forum tools. Mark forums read from the navbar (Forum Actions) works fine.

Leave a comment:

• NashChristian
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    This is a template issue. You NEED to upgrade your templates for this issue to be resolved. Do a Search in Templates for "do=markread" (no quotes) and then edit the FORUMDISPLAY, FORUMHOME, and navbar template links...
    That makes sense. I did revert my templates, however I pasted a chunk of code I had customized in my navbar, thinking that any changes would either be above or below. I was wrong.

I haven't had time to mess with this yet, but I'm sure this will fix it.

Thanks Lynne!

Leave a comment:

• shooterdfl
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    This is a template issue. You NEED to upgrade your templates for this issue to be resolved. Do a Search in Templates for "do=markread" (no quotes) and then edit the FORUMDISPLAY, FORUMHOME, and navbar template links in there to look like this:

in FORUMDISPLAY (1 place), change to:
    Code:
    do=markread&amp;f={vb:raw foruminfo.forumid}&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}
    In previous versions, it looked like this:
    Code:
    do=markread&amp;f={vb:raw foruminfo.forumid}
    In FORUMHOME (1 place) and navbar (4 places), change to:
    Code:
    do=markread&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}
    In previous versions, it looked like this:
    Code:
    do=markread
    All three of those templates are listed in the announcement as requiring a revert because of this change.
    Thank you Lynne that solved it for me. I only needed the edit in forumhome and navbar though. Forumdisplay was already correct in my 2 custom styles.

Leave a comment:

• ZeroHour
    replied
    One issue I have noticed (this is vb 4.02 but could easily bork 4.03) is that vbseo 3.5 rc3 is breaking these links for me and stripping off all the ?blahblah=markread part from forumdisplay.php.
    If you are having that issue and you have vbseo 3.5 rc3 please add
    Code:
     rel="novbseo"
    to any Mark read links in navbar template.
    e.g.
    Code:
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?do=markread" rel="novbseo">
    That stops vbseo from processing that link until they have a fix.

Leave a comment: