Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lynne
    replied
    This is a template issue. You NEED to upgrade your templates for this issue to be resolved. Do a Search in Templates for "do=markread" (no quotes) and then edit the FORUMDISPLAY, FORUMHOME, and navbar template links in there to look like this:

in FORUMDISPLAY (1 place), change to:
    Code:
    do=markread&f={vb:raw foruminfo.forumid}&markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}
    In previous versions, it looked like this:
    Code:
    do=markread&f={vb:raw foruminfo.forumid}
    In FORUMHOME (1 place) and navbar (4 places), change to:
    Code:
    do=markread&markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}
    In previous versions, it looked like this:
    Code:
    do=markread
    All three of those templates are listed in the announcement as requiring a revert because of this change.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Warner
    replied
    I've not yet addressed this, however it now appears I'm not alone. It isn't a template issue as I came from vB3.7, so all templates are native to 4.0.3.

Leave a comment:

• jonsidneyb
    replied
    Just posting me too so people know it is not just a couple of forum owners.

Leave a comment:

• NashChristian
    replied
    Thanks, I'll look into it and post back probably tomorrow.

Originally posted by xilian View Post
    .htaccess?? Pfff... all your base are belong to us...
    What does that mean?

Thanks again for your help!

Leave a comment:

• xilian
    replied
    EDIT: Keep in mind that I'm no guru and cant guarantee that my solution
    is the best, the only way or THE solution at all. I'm leaving that to the devs
    All I know is that this fixed my problem, and its quite possible it could fix yours aswell.
    ---

Are all your styles and templates default? no modification at all?
    If no, easiest way is probably to revert all styles and templates...

Else have a look at admincp/Styles and templates/search in templates
    Search for "markread", and doubleclick navbar

Search for markread. (there are several hits)
    You most likely have code that looks like this:
    Code:
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=markread">{vb:rawphrase mark_forums_read}</a>
    Add the bold text to all markread-hits in navbar.
    Code:
    <a href="forumdisplay.php?{vb:raw session.sessionurl}do=markread[B]&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}[/B]">{vb:rawphrase mark_forums_read}</a>
    .htaccess?? Pfff... all your base are belong to us...
    Last edited by xilian; Tue 13 Apr '10, 12:08am.

Leave a comment:

• NashChristian
    replied
    I'd be happy to help out. Please paste me the link "Mark Forums Read" gives you (paste all here), and I'll find out if "my fix" will help or not.
    (right-click and copy link)
    Hello,

http://mysite.com/forumdisplay.php?do=markread

(It is an .htaccess, password protected, test site, so I didn't provide my domain.)

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• xilian
    replied
    Originally posted by NashChristian View Post
    All I currently have installed is the DEFAULT style, and I'm still getting this error. Can you please elaborate on how you corrected the problem?
    I'd be happy to help out. Please paste me the link "Mark Forums Read" gives you (paste all here), and I'll find out if "my fix" will help or not.
    (right-click and copy link)

Leave a comment:

• NashChristian
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Warner View Post
    As per the title, since upgrading the vBulletin4 from 3.7 some users are reporting that the Mark Forums Read isn't working. I can't replicate this - does anyone know what might be the issue please?

Thanks.
    Did you resolve this issue on your end Mike?

Leave a comment:

• NashChristian
    replied
    Originally posted by Videx View Post
    Not really. At least, I've never found it to work that way with vb, though I always did that with my last forum. Odd server caching and database issues, just like the one you're having. Instead I do full backups, then close the forum and update.
    The last upgrade (and the one prior) I did NOT use a test environment, and my site went down for about a WEEK both times! Never again!

Leave a comment:

• Videx
    replied
    That is the way we are "supposed" to do it, right?
    Not really. At least, I've never found it to work that way with vb, though I always did that with my last forum. Odd server caching and database issues, just like the one you're having. Instead I do full backups, then close the forum and update.

Leave a comment:

• NashChristian
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    You aren't even running vB4.0.3. If you are having an issue with Mark Forums as Read, then it is not the same issue the users in this thread are having. You should start your own thread since the problem is different for you.
    I'm sorry Lynne, but you are wrong. I AM running vB4.0.3 on a TEST site (not the live site you apparently visited). The live site works fine, the test site does not. Once I get the bugs worked out to my satisfaction on a test site, then I will update it to my live environment. That is the way we are "supposed" to do it, right?

If you would like .htaccess credentials for my test site, just PM me and I would be glad to provide you with that.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    All I currently have installed is the DEFAULT style, and I'm still getting this error. Can you please elaborate on how you corrected the problem?

Thanks.
    You aren't even running vB4.0.3. If you are having an issue with Mark Forums as Read, then it is not the same issue the users in this thread are having. You should start your own thread since the problem is different for you.

Leave a comment:

• NashChristian
    replied
    And fixed... Fetched "&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}" from default style, and applied to new style
    and voila. case closed!

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• xilian
    replied
    And fixed... Fetched "&amp;markreadhash={vb:raw bbuserinfo.securitytoken}" from default style, and applied to new style
    and voila. case closed!

Leave a comment:

• xilian
    replied
    okay.. been playing around tonight, and figured out that it is now related to my style.

If I use default style, the link of "mark f...." looks like this (I've X'ed out some of the chars...) :
    http://forum.radiostyrt.no/vb/forumd...aXXXXX3ffb810f

but if I use MY skin, the link is plain like this:
    http://forum.radiostyrt.no/vb/forumd...hp?do=markread

So. The question now is, how do I get MY style to use the security token?!
    Last edited by xilian; Mon 12 Apr '10, 1:32pm.

Leave a comment: