What is useful about Facebook connect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
    Yes I agree, but we've (at least I) clearly explained what it's for.

source
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/ee702803.aspx
    Seriously dude, if you're going to respond, please make sure you provide meaningful responses. I really could care less what microsoft says facebook connect is "supposed" to do or what it doesn't. I want to know what it does in the real world and what experience my users are going to have. You may have "clearly" explained it in your eyes, but if I tell my users it's a "one click" registration and then it requires them to click through two pages of registration mumbo-jumbo I'm going to have some pretty ticked off users calling me all night long complaining.

Now, please go back and re-read my questions, and if you can actually answer them with some degree of detail and personal experience, please do. Please do not keep responding with more useless "it's supposed to do this" and "microsoft says that" garbage that just wastes my time, or links to other threads that don't pertain to the questions asked at all, other than they have the word "facebook" in them.

If you don't have real world answers to my questions, then please quit side-tracking this thread and let someone that actually knows the answers answer them.

Thank you.

Comment

It's been explained, seems like you're just trolling for a fight now.
      Just disable it and move on since you obviously can't read descriptions.
      I've explained it and so has the staff...

btw.. you're not even the OP, so the first links I posted wasn't even for you..LMAO

ps.. since words seem to be difficult to read, here is a video

-- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

It's been explained, seems like you're just trolling for a fight now.
        Just disable it and move on since you obviously can't read descriptions.
        I've explained it and so has the staff...
        No really, you haven't explained anything useful at all. Now please go away. It seems to me all you are doing is trolling for post count.

OR, please point me to something that explains the actual details of what the Facebook Connect implementation on vBulletin does, and not in generalities like "it provides one-click registration". I want some actual details of the functionality and what it will do and not do when my users try to use it.

Comment

What more do you want?
          It's been explained several times
          I even posted a VIDEO..lol

and I don't care about post count, nice try though

i would suggest just turning it off, it's apparently more trouble then it's worth

Comment

btw.. you're not even the OP, so the first links I posted wasn't even for you..LMAO
            Now you're just being a dick. It doesn't matter whether I'm the OP or not, if I have the same questions as him.

Thank you for the video, it wasn't showing up when I posted my last reply, I will go look at it now and see if it answers my questions.

Comment

no problem, sorry if I sound like a "d!ck" but I don't know how to explain it any easier..lol

good luck, hope the video helps

Comment

ok, so again, your video hasn't answered any of my questions. It shows what Facebook Connect does in it's full form, but answers NOTHING about it's implementation in vBulletin.

Can someone with real answers PLEASE answer my questions I asked in post 12.

Comment

Why not make a test install so you know exactly how it works?

Comment

I may just have to do that. I was hoping that someone that's installed it already, or someone from vBulletin that knows, could just give me a couple quick answers but I guess that's asking too much.

Comment

I think that would be best, then you know exactly what's going on with it.
                      I know the fb connect here at the .com is only a few weeks old, that may be why there aren't loads of tutorials on how it work.
                      I think it's a good thing, but I want it as easy as possible for my users to sign up, and if they can help advertise, it's a plus for me. (helping advertising by posting to their FB wall)

Anyways, I wish you the best, sorry I wasn't able to answer your questions

Comment

I'll step in here.

fbconnect appears to be useless. You connect with your facebook info, verify your facebook info, then you have to register to the forum the same way you would have without Facebook. So actually its a LONGER process to register using facebook connect from my tests.

After making a post with the connected user, nothing shows up on the user's wall. The profile is not automatically updated with the link to the person's facebook page. There is no connectivity at all.

The one click option is not listed under the facebook options, so I don't know what is being referenced here.

So far very disappointed with the facebook connect option.

Comment

I also have auto registration on and followed the video to a T.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X