Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the point of Facebook integration?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Whats the point of Facebook integration?

I thought integrating Facebook would mean that if a user makes a new thread or post on my Forum, it would show on there Facebook? It doesn't do this for me.

Also if I stay logged into my forum and be connected with my Facebook account, when I close and reopen the browser I am still logged into my forum but not the Facebook side of things.

Another thing is, I dont see any links or display in the users profile that even indicates that they have infact merged their accounts or anything like that. The only thing I saw when I merged my accounts is that it gave me the option to use my Facebook avatar on my forum, woohoo.

So my question is, what is the point of it?
    sigpic
    - Computer Hardware & Software Tech Support Forum - & Maternal Online | Pregnancy & Parenting Portal

Some of the integration you are looking for will hopefully be in a later version. Right now, it helps make the registration process easier which will hopefully convert guests into users.
    Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I think it'll get better in future versions
      right now as far as I can tell, it just allows you to share one account on facebook and your forum
      -- Web Developer for hire
      ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Originally posted by iMatt View Post
        I thought integrating Facebook would mean that if a user makes a new thread or post on my Forum, it would show on there Facebook? It doesn't do this for me.

Also if I stay logged into my forum and be connected with my Facebook account, when I close and reopen the browser I am still logged into my forum but not the Facebook side of things.

Another thing is, I dont see any links or display in the users profile that even indicates that they have infact merged their accounts or anything like that. The only thing I saw when I merged my accounts is that it gave me the option to use my Facebook avatar on my forum, woohoo.

So my question is, what is the point of it?
        Right now? There is no point. Just another half baked feature that was tossed to us as a bone, with no real functionality.

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
        Some of the integration you are looking for will hopefully be in a later version. Right now, it helps make the registration process easier which will hopefully convert guests into users.
        I swear.. IB must of hired the developers away from Apple. Let's release a crippled product and dribble features into it as time goes on.
        I drank WHAT?! - Socrates

Comment